The Student Room Group

Palacky University 2019

So just applied for Palacky University for medicine in 2019. Already booked my exam for this and charles first faculty.

Any other czech bound doctors out there?

Scroll to see replies

Hello,
Hello just wondering if you are applying form UK? If so, are you using any agencies? Why Palacky and first Fac. In general? I might consider this so would like to know more.
Thank you
Reply 2
I have friends in first year at First Faculty and Palacky University. Some of last year 13 I played rugby with went to both. Still considering Masaryk and probably will give the entrance exam a go as well

Right now I may take the two exams in April and see how it goes.

I am going to Czech in half-term for a look around.
Hello,
Thank you for your reply. How do your friends find it there? Is learning the language difficult? Do many people get kicked off the course? Is it harder than what you'd expect medicine to already be like? Would you be applying independently?
Thanks again for the information.
Reply 4
So far they have good things to say but guess they will tell more after their exams in January 😂

Most of what they say is about the place (especially the beer, these are rugby guys after all). They are in a lot of classes which is a good thing from my perspective.

I am Irish but live in the UK so taking the exams here so don’t need to fly over to Prague.
I always wondered how the teaching style is there. Like of there is any PBL or if it full on traditional. What do you mean that they are in a lot of classes? Like many subjects or many pupils go? I imagine there are quite a lot of UK or EU students there.
Thank you.
Reply 6
They said they have a lot of actual lessons to go to etc. No PBL, seams a more traditional curriculum which is what I was looking for really.

They said there are about 100 or so in their year so sounds pretty good size group and they have small groups of 10 for labs etc.
Right OK. Which Universities are best to apply for there. First Faculty, second faculty, Palacky or masaryk? I don't see much difference from my end, but again I do not know much about them.
Thank you.
Reply 8
I have gone for First Faculty and Palacky. Still deciding whether to do Masaryk, but may leave it as a backup?????
Any reason you chose this over second faculty, HK etc?
Reply 10
Just got friends at both
Right Ok makes sense. Thanks for your help
Original post by FireKebab
So just applied for Palacky University for medicine in 2019. Already booked my exam for this and charles first faculty.

Any other czech bound doctors out there?

I registered for entrance exams for Masaryk, Palacky, and Charles HK. How's your preperation going? (I am applying for dentistry, however.)
just to let anyone know who is still considering Palacky, I've heard that they have raised their tuition fees, whereas Masaryk is a bit lower in comparison.

(Current Masaryk student)
Reply 14
Palacky is €10,500 and Masaryk is 280,000CZK. They are both about the same, Masaryk about €300 more expensive so nothing in it really.
Original post by FireKebab
Palacky is €10,500 and Masaryk is 280,000CZK. They are both about the same, Masaryk about €300 more expensive so nothing in it really.

actually, masaryk has gone up a slight bit but it's being used to build a brand new fancy teaching mock-hospital on campus. it's meant to be state of the art, smth i dont think other unis have atm. should be done around 2020, so a great asset to future students.

smth i'd advise to anyone, do check out the cities, because you are gonna be living there for 6 years, so it makes a huge difference to whethe you're gonna be bored out of your mind or not (unless you literally go from your room to uni/library and back, and dont go out). brno is a bit more livelier than olomouc. ive been to olomouc but i much prefer brno, it's a smaller version of prague but definitely the best student city imo :smile:
Reply 16
Anyone applying for Dentistry at any Czech uni's this year?
Original post by Kitz25
Anyone applying for Dentistry at any Czech uni's this year?

I applied and registered for the entrance exams for Charles HK, Masaryk, and Palacky. You?
Reply 18
I am going to apply for Charles First Faculty and Charles HK. Do Masaryk and Palacky offer Dentistry at undergraduate level or just masters ?
Reply 19
All the programmes end up awarding a Masters degree but you apply from school. This is the general standard in Europe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending