The Student Room Group

Which University is better?

I'm from Greece, currently on the foundation year, because I want to study psychology in one of the following Universities:
University of Manchester
Manchester metropolitan University
Salford University
Coventry University
and Newcastle University.
Now as you can see I've chosen 3 Universities in Manchester because I like the city but I'm not sure if it is worth it and I also don't know which University of the above is better. I've heard that Manchester metropolitan is more laid back and relatively easy but I'm not sure if that's a pro or a con.Can you help me decide which of them is the best option for psychology and as a university in general?
(edited 5 years ago)
1. University of Manchester
It has the highest prestige of the list and ranks really well on most University league tables. nationally and internationally. The rest of the list is somewhat a step down in terms of prestige and value of the degree. Really good for sciences and research output and it is a Russell Group Uni!! Easily one the best Universities in the country after the Oxbridge and London trio.

2. University of Newcastle
Another Russell Group universities with good prestige nationally. I have heard it has an amazing nightlife and student life- lot's of partying I guess.

The other 3 universities are mehhhh. They have considerably less prestige the two above and I rarely hear anything about them in terms of good nightlife or academia. I really would suggest for applying for some other universities.
Original post by Chris_pacha
I'm from Greece, currently on the foundation year, because I want to study psychology in one of the following Universities:
University of Manchester
Manchester metropolitan University
Salford University
Coventry University
and Newcastle University.
Now as you can see I've chosen 3 Universities in Manchester because I like the city but I'm not sure if it is worth it and I also don't know which University of the above is better. I've heard that Manchester metropolitan is more laid back and relatively easy but I'm not sure if that's a pro or a con.Can you help me decide which of them is the best option for psychology and as a university in general?

:hi: Just moved your thread to Psychology University Courses :smile:

Hopefully you can get a few more relevant responses, :bump: !

Quick Reply

Latest