The Student Room Group

UCAS Firm and insurance choice- V IMPORTANT QUESTION

I received an offer from all my choices; Durham, Warwick, Loughborough, York and Surrey, but I'm unsure what to put down as my firm.

I was wondering if I could place Durham (BBB) as my firm whilst having Warwick (ABC) as my insurance?

I'm almost certain I'm going to put Durham as my firm as I need to get an (ABC or BBB) to study sociology. But for Warwick, Loughborough and York I need an ABB, and Surrey, my lowest initial offer of (BBB).

Thanks!
Original post by michelevetrano18
I received an offer from all my choices; Durham, Warwick, Loughborough, York and Surrey, but I'm unsure what to put down as my firm.

I was wondering if I could place Durham (BBB) as my firm whilst having Warwick (ABC) as my insurance?

I'm almost certain I'm going to put Durham as my firm as I need to get an (ABC or BBB) to study sociology. But for Warwick, Loughborough and York I need an ABB, and Surrey, my lowest initial offer of (BBB).

Thanks!

Where do you want to go the most? Put that as firm and then the reserve second. Its a bit odd you have the reserve with higher grades than the firm as this means its unlikely ever to be used, That said I would keep my firm as the place I really wanted to go to.

Just make BBB and then you dont have to worry.
If you get less then you can use clearing or resit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending