The Student Room Group

112 days until first exam - panicky last minute GYG

So it's 112 days until my first exam of 2019.
Thankfully, its also 127 days until my last exam, so that's not too bad.

What is bad however are my grades. reports came out today and I went from getting AAA to BBC. As someone who usually gets A's and needs AAA to meet my dream uni offer - I realized I need to motivate myself!

Currently I'm studying Maths, Physics and Engineering all at Advanced Higher level.

Maths - C
Physics - B
Engineering - B

I'd be happy with two A's and a B, but I still have some serious work to do.

The plan due on Sunday 13/1/18 :

Tonight, 10/01:
Finish SHM homework. (1h)

Tomorrow, 11/01:
Do one physics past prelim paper. (2h30)
And also any Homework my math teacher will spring on me tomorrow in class. (1h ? )

Saturday, 12/01:
Do another physics past paper prelim. (2.5h)
Figure out the topics I lost marks from on those papers and which sub-topics they are. (0.5h)

Sunday, 13/01:
Gather the materials I need for Engineering project testing. (0.5h)
Revise one of the topics I lost marks on and re-do the questions I failed in the paper relating to that topic.(1-2h)

Seems like a lot but there's only 16 weeks left so I really need to buckle down.
(edited 5 years ago)
Good luck! You can do this :rave:
Reply 2
Original post by MinaBee
Good luck! You can do this :rave:

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by RjIsRandom
So it's 112 days until my first exam of 2019.
Thankfully, its also 127 days until my last exam, so that's not too bad.

What is bad however are my grades. reports came out today and I went from getting AAA to BBC. As someone who usually gets A's and needs AAA to meet my dream uni offer - I realized I need to motivate myself!

Currently I'm studying Maths, Physics and Engineering all at Advanced Higher level.

Maths - C
Physics - B
Engineering - B

I'd be happy with two A's and a B, but I still have some serious work to do.

The plan due on Sunday 13/1/18 :

Tonight, 10/01:
Finish SHM homework. (1h)

Tomorrow, 11/01:
Do one physics past prelim paper. (2h30)
And also any Homework my math teacher will spring on me tomorrow in class. (1h ? )

Saturday, 12/01:
Do another physics past paper prelim. (2.5h)
Figure out the topics I lost marks from on those papers and which sub-topics they are. (0.5h)

Sunday, 13/01:
Gather the materials I need for Engineering project testing. (0.5h)
Revise one of the topics I lost marks on and re-do the questions I failed in the paper relating to that topic.(1-2h)

Seems like a lot but there's only 16 weeks left so I really need to buckle down.

Always good to see another Scottish person doing GYG :smile: You can do this :smile:
Reply 4
update: I'm going to Edinburgh this saturday, but I need to cram some past papers in.

The plan due on Sunday 20/1/18 :

Tonight 18/1: Do a maths past prelim (3h)

Sunday 20/1: Do a physics past prelim (2.5h)
Reply 5
update: I'm going to Edinburgh this saturday, but I need to cram some past papers in.

The plan due on Sunday 20/1/18 :

Tonight 18/1: Do a maths past prelim (3h)

Sunday 20/1: Do a physics past prelim (2.5h)

So I barely managed ot finish that maths past prelim - and the teacher has given us a truck load of work to get done before prelims start. (Which is in a little over a week :eyeball:) I've got it down enough I think. I just need to work on complex numbers and argand diagrams.

Now I just need to revise enough for engineering. There's no AH textbooks and this is where I reckon I slipped up last year. So this week the goal is to do a past paper and revise every topic. :redface:

The plan due 30/1:

Maths:
Revise Argand Diagrams and complex numbers. (1-2h)

Engineering:
Revise each topic spread out over this week (5h total, 5* 1h sessions)
One not-timed past paper (3h)
So I barely managed ot finish that maths past prelim - and the teacher has given us a truck load of work to get done before prelims start. (Which is in a little over a week :eyeball:) I've got it down enough I think. I just need to work on complex numbers and argand diagrams.

Now I just need to revise enough for engineering. There's no AH textbooks and this is where I reckon I slipped up last year. So this week the goal is to do a past paper and revise every topic. :redface:

The plan due 30/1:

Maths:
Revise Argand Diagrams and complex numbers. (1-2h)

Engineering:
Revise each topic spread out over this week (5h total, 5* 1h sessions)
One not-timed past paper (3h)

Good luck getting your plan done! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Labrador99
Good luck getting your plan done! :smile:

Thanks! I have been spending most of this mornign going over Engineering work, so I am on track! :u:
Thanks! I have been spending most of this mornign going over Engineering work, so I am on track! :u:

No problem, and well done! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending