The Student Room Group

Could a grade 4 hinder my uni application?

Despite my best efforts, not being naturally skilled at Art meant that I recieved a grade 4 at GCSE level. My other grades were above average in comparison to my school's performance as a whole, but I worry that this 4 will set me back.
What do you want to do
Original post by Michikooo
What do you want to do

Medicine, so it’s a very competitive field :/
Since it’s arts, and it has nothing to do with medicine then I guess there’s no problem with it, and when it comes to Medicine they would only look at your GCSEs - which for some unis they ask for 5’s and some others higher and A levels - Biology, Chemistry, (Physics or Maths)
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Michikooo
Since it’s arts, and it has nothing to do with medicine then I guess there’s no problem with it, since it comes to Medicine they would only look at your GCSEs - which for some unis they ask for 5’s and some others higher and A levels - Biology, Chemistry, (Physics ir Maths)

Thank you, I do hope so! :smile:
Original post by lmtkr

Original post by lmtkr

https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/gcse-requirements-for-medicine/
Original post by lmtkr
Despite my best efforts, not being naturally skilled at Art meant that I recieved a grade 4 at GCSE level. My other grades were above average in comparison to my school's performance as a whole, but I worry that this 4 will set me back.

Come on...it's Art! Not relevant for medicine at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending