The Student Room Group

Wanting to fix things with your ex..

I've recently just split with my ex after arguments etc, and shes blocked me on everything, but I keep feeling like I want to sort things as I miss her and want to make sure shes okay..

All I can think about, how do I stop feeling like this when probably she's not thinking of me at all.

I have her email address but I don't want to email to look needy..
Reply 1
Hiya, if shes blocked, you might want not to message her for a while and wait and see if she unblocks you...
if she unblocks you this shows you she is still thinking about you and wants to know how you're getting on.
However, if you still want to go ahead with the email, i recommend you don't come across needy for example don't use terms like "i was thinking about you" or "i miss you" try being her friend and asking if she could unblock you. send her a quick email with not much information in then you know if she wants to rekindle something whether that be a friendship or more.
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently just split with my ex after arguments etc, and shes blocked me on everything, but I keep feeling like I want to sort things as I miss her and want to make sure shes okay..

All I can think about, how do I stop feeling like this when probably she's not thinking of me at all.

If you have broken up and she has blocked you, it is probably a sign that she doesn't want to talk to you or make up with you. The only thing you can do is give her some space and concentrate on your own life at the moment. Keep yourself busy with work, study, hanging out with friends, hobbies, etc. I don't know the circumstances of your break-up but sometimes things can't be fixed and you have to move on with life.
May I ask, what where the arguments about? That could help. You can always pm me as I have had some struggles like this before ☺️

You should go out there and have some fun cos if she’s blocked you, she ain’t coming back. Sorry
She’s blocked you, which means she wants nothing to do with you. I’ve been in this situation before, and there really is nothing you can do about it apart from moving on with your life.

Don’t send her any emails, texts or calls.

The next step after blocking someone is a restraining order.
Reply 6
Original post by Occitanie
She’s blocked you, which means she wants nothing to do with you. I’ve been in this situation before, and there really is nothing you can do about it apart from moving on with your life.

Don’t send her any emails, texts or calls.

The next step after blocking someone is a restraining order.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing too, It's hard but I guess It'll get better.
Would rarther not have a restaining order.

Give it time. She might unblock you or she might not. Time is the best medicine in this case. It's blatantly obvious that she need time to think things over. You said that you didn't think she was thinking about you. I think she was. When you said you miss her and want to see if she's okay, it shows how much compassion you have for her. Get her back if you really admire her. Email her in a couple days and see how she is but avoid the words 'I need you'. Wish you well.
Give it time. She might unblock you or she might not. Time is the best medicine in this case. It's blatantly obvious that she need time to think things over. You said that you didn't think she was thinking about you. I think she was. When you said you miss her and want to see if she's okay, it shows how much compassion you have for her. Get her back if you really admire her. Email her in a couple days and see how she is but avoid the words 'I need you'. Wish you well.

No, do not contact her. She’s made it clear that she doesn’t want him to, she blocked him.

OP has to walk away from her.

If she still has interest in him, she will be in touch, but from now on he has to give her time and space. Contacting her will do more harm than good.
Reply 9
Original post by Occitanie
No, do not contact her. She’s made it clear that she doesn’t want him to, she blocked him.

OP has to walk away from her.

If she still has interest in him, she will be in touch, but from now on he has to give her time and space. Contacting her will do more harm than good.

I think It's clear that It's best to just walk away and forget about after the last thing she said to me was "Stay away from me & my life" Since then I've been blocked and It's been a week, It's just a shame cus I keep thinking about her.
If your heart is 100% set on winning her back then:

Stop talking - and do.

If its gotten to the point it has, the only way you win her back will be through actions rather then words. Forget about trying to convince her, or even messaging her.. just live your life, be a great person, be the person she would love to be with - and if its meant to be, she will slowly come back around.

But realistically 9/10 times, its never going to work out, and your best using your efforts to meet a new girl.
I think It's clear that It's best to just walk away and forget about after the last thing she said to me was "Stay away from me & my life" Since then I've been blocked and It's been a week, It's just a shame cus I keep thinking about her.

That’s how she felt in the moment. I’ve heard stories of exes getting back after far worse than that.

You need to move on as if you’ll never hear from her again. Go date other women. If she ever gets back in touch, assume she wants to see you and invite her over to yours for dinner or some drinks.
If she wanted to talk she wouldn't have blocked you mate. Time to move on.
the hardest pill i had to swallow was that no matter what you do, someone will only stay if they want to stay. you cant make someone come back and you cant make someone like you and they arent obligated to like you or want to talk to you or associate with you. Sure, they can act like it for a bit and you may even believe they do, but most of that can be assuming on your behalf and building hopes etc. Only time will tell if they were being genuine and if they actually wanna stick around. I assure you the universe works in mysterious ways and if you focus on healing yourself, you'll meet amazing people who are even more compatible with you and genuinely want to spend time with you and who enjoy your company rather than people who don't want you around or only want you around if you meet their conditions. If someone clearly states they don't want you around, best thing to do is have dignity and leave them alone.
Sure, moving on's gonna take some time and effort, and it's not always gonna be a straight line, but as long as you're moving in the right general direction, you'll be okay and this, too, will pass.
It's been a week, so give yourself some time and you`ll find that she did you a favour by blocking you.
Shes blocked me on Facebook and WhatsApp, but I can still request to follow her on Instagram, I was thinking of doing this to see if she accepts? Would this be fine or would she have a reason to take out a restaining order against me for doing it?
Shes blocked me on Facebook and WhatsApp, but I can still request to follow her on Instagram, I was thinking of doing this to see if she accepts? Would this be fine or would she have a reason to take out a restaining order against me for doing it?

No. Stop.

If she regrets the break up and starts to miss you, she’ll be in touch.

No Contact means absolutely no contact whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending