The Student Room Group

A levels as an additional qualification

I am from Europe and have been my rejected from my first choice uni because I slightly miss out on one of my grades. My question is- is there any chance to contact the uni directly and to ask them whether I can do an A level as an additional qualification so that they accept me?
Original post by ge36dal
I am from Europe and have been my rejected from my first choice uni because I slightly miss out on one of my grades. My question is- is there any chance to contact the uni directly and to ask them whether I can do an A level as an additional qualification so that they accept me?

Not enough information.
Where were you applying? What for and how far did you fall short?
Are you expecting to do the A level this year for 2019 or next for 2020? Until we can see what you are trying to dom then its hard to say. If you need feedback then contact admissions or the department direct for feedback so you can decide a way forward.

Uni normally want 3 A levels or the equivalent, which means it would be less usual just to take an extra qualification to add on, but they may accept it if it replaces something else. Talk to them as they will know what your situation is.
Reply 2
Well, it isn't :smile: So I basically have applied to Glasgow uni for computing science. I meet all their entry requirements except for a grade in my mother language which does not have to do anything with cs. So now am trying to find an alternative way to get into this uni, that why I am considering taking one A Level as an additional qualification. Do you guys think that this approach may be successful?
Original post by ge36dal
Well, it isn't :smile: So I basically have applied to Glasgow uni for computing science. I meet all their entry requirements except for a grade in my mother language which does not have to do anything with cs. So now am trying to find an alternative way to get into this uni, that why I am considering taking one A Level as an additional qualification. Do you guys think that this approach may be successful?

Oh I see you arent happy. Better get the person who was deleted to answer your question and I will go and answer someone elses as a better use of my time.
Reply 4
Original post by ge36dal

Hi there! I think it may be helpful if Glasgow accept applicants who have not achieved all their results in one sitting. Which a level are you thinking of taking? There are several distance learning courses offered online as well that you could look at🙂
Reply 5
Original post by 999tigger
Oh I see you arent happy. Better get the person who was deleted to answer your question and I will go and answer someone elses as a better use of my time.

Done
Reply 6
I consider taking Maths A level and it would be my first sitting. What do you think my chances are?
Reply 7
Original post by ge36dal
I consider taking Maths A level and it would be my first sitting. What do you think my chances are?

I think it would be tough given it’s the new specification. Have you studied advanced maths before? Also completing the entire course in a year is very ambitious
Reply 8
No, I have not. But I have a strong background in maths, as I have taken part in many maths competitions and planning on doing the a level in the may session(I am currently in a gap year). My question is more about the university admission and whether such a qualification might change their mind.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending