The Student Room Group

My Journey On Becoming a Doctor

A 16 year-old girl with big dreams typing this right now!

Well, the title is pretty ironic I'd say. I did my CIE O Levels in 2017 and I got 2As, 1B, 4Cs and 2Ds. But I was so happy seeing my results because I was practically failing Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I was so relieved to see that I did not fail any of my subjects.
Then came my AS exams. Well, that was a huge disappointment for me. I did Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I got a B and 2Ds respectively. You could say I was expecting for 1A and 2Cs the least.
And here I am now. Doing A2 this coming May, going to repeat my Chem and Physics AS as well and additionally doing AS English. I am somehow thinking of getting 4As, at least 3As and 1B the least.
I am so prone to procrastination its pathetic. But my dream has always been to be a doctor, ever since I was small. And I decided I am going to start working towards it.
I think this would be a good platform to share what my journey is; the process. This is a place I can hold myself accountable.
What I am going to do today (its 18:42 in Sri Lanka right now), is to organize my life before doing anything. Going to get out my bullet journal and just write down all the things I should do, organize me deskspace and just get in the zone.
I hope I can achieve my dream.
Wish me good luck!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Best of luck! :rave:
Reply 2
Original post by emilynxlan
Best of luck! :rave:

Thank you so much. :smile:
Reply 3
Well today is the day... The day I am going to start revising with no distractions. Its 06:02 right now. Still didn't have my morning tea so thought of updating my blog.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I CAN DO THIS!!! And I will. I am doing this for me and for no one else (AND maybe to prove some ppl wrong, but mostly its for me).
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Urgh, its 22:17 right now and I am sooooo sleepy it feels like my eyelids are made with lead. :coma:
So overall I would rate today's productivity a 90/100! :dancing2:

Spoiler

Spoiler

So guys, that was my first update in this GYG series. Today was a goody day and well, let's see what tomorrow brings. Good night, sweet dreams! :heart:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
By the way, anyone who wants to get tagged can just ask me to, and I will definitely tag you. I just don't want to tag random people (I am new so I'm just getting to know members over here) and be annoying. :smile:
Reply 6
Well today is Saturday... Its the weekend and I should relax, right? Nuh-huh missus, I can't. :cry:
OK so I will be posting here daily for the first few days and then I'll go weekly perhaps, idk, it depends on what comes at me during the days to come.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Will update you guys at the end of the day. Hope everyone has a good day of Growing Your Grades. :heart:
(edited 5 years ago)
Good luck! Loving the updates :h:
Reply 8
Original post by brainzistheword
Good luck! Loving the updates :h:

Thank you so much! :h:
Reply 9
Oh well, here I am for the update. So first of all I couldn't post this last night (I am talking taking into account my time zone) because my home Wi-Fi package is finished for the month. Actually the day-time Wi-Fi, but the night-time Wi-Fi is there, which is available from 00:00 to 08:00. So that is what I am using.

OK, so I was not that productive yesterday.

Spoiler

Reply 10
As for today... I AM GOING TO GET THE WORK I HAVE TO DO, DONE! :dumbells:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Well well well lessee my update now, shall we?

Spoiler

So today (11/02) I woke up at around 04:30 because I couldn't look up at my AS Physics practical papers yesterday. I looked all of them up a little while ago and I feel more confident about the test tooday. *eek*

Spoiler

Spoiler

Going to go to school today (obviously). And then come home and do my to-dos for today. My life is so wonderful. :hmpf:
Reply 12
Well here I am... Wow I cannot stress how much unproductive I've been yesterday and today. So OK I did some work, I am not meaning like not even glancing at a book type of unproductive, but I just didn't do enough work. So the off point was, as I went to school yesterday and today, as soon as I came home I just watched youtube videos one after the other while eating and by the time I realized it, 2 hours have gone by! :bawling: Urgh! Why am I so careless???
The other thing I figured was I sort of put away the idea of my study schedule (studying for 1 1/2 hours and then having a break for 1/2 an hour) yesterday and today and that totally flunked my 2 days. So I highly recommend having a schedule like that so you can balance your study and break times, if not you are gonna go out of hand. Its 18:26 right now. When I realized that I sort of messed up, I decided to just go and do a little cleaning/organising of my deskspace, books, bed, cloth rack,etc. Just took me like 5-10min but it just refreshed me up so much. Then I had a bodywash and here I am now. (Went on IG for 10min because I didn't go on IG for like 3-4 days.) But now I am feeling like smashing again so that's good. Feeling a little fatigued however so might take a nap as well. But I am up for the task again, Thank God! :flower2:

Spoiler

So I was making A2 organic chemistry short notes on my laptop yesterday and I realized that I have to make the notes by writing and then condense them into revision cards and stuff on my laptop. If not it just won't go into my head. I also did a Physics 42 paper halfway. Discussed it at school as well. Have more papers to do, more studying to, more revision to do. Urgh, can this exam season be over, please?
Commenting so that I'll be reminded get the notifications. Is a 'D' a pass for O-Levels? Where are you planning to apply for medicine? How much should I revice for my own IGCSEs so that I can succeed? Thanks for this thread, looks like it has lots of potential :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Kroznox
Commenting so that I'll be reminded get the notifications. Is a 'D' a pass for O-Levels? Where are you planning to apply for medicine? How much should I revice for my own IGCSEs so that I can succeed? Thanks for this thread, looks like it has lots of potential :smile:

Yea well I am doing CIE and I guess 'D' is a pass because I was allowed to do my AS. I think it mostly depends on the subjects you plan on doing for A levels. For example if you are planning to do Bio, Chem and Phy, I think its safe to at least have a 'C' pass for those subjects in O levels.
As I am in Sri Lanka and not doing the Sri Lankan local syllabus I have no chance to study medicine in my country. So I am planning to apply to a European country, but I am 100% not sure which country. Its a little hard as I have to consider the university and the country as well. I'd also like a country a bit cheaper so I am not thinking of UK though.
Just aim for the stars, so that even if you miss, you will land among the moon. Just do your best. Academically-wise obviously getting A*s/As is the most successful, but then not everyone successful have had got good grades, at least not for their IGCSEs. (Now don't go and binge-watch Netflix. :lol:) But for real, just focus on your IGCSEs, they are really important. One mistake I did was not taking my O levels seriously. And the leap from IGCSEs to A levels are huge, so understanding all the IGCSE subjects well and getting good grades would make your transition to A levels a lot happier and easier.
By the way thank you so much for the compliment; appreciate it loads. :blush: So what subjects are you taking for IGCSEs?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
:bawling: I know that this is totally irrelevant but, my period started. :bawling: Now that explains why I felt tired yesterday and had a "nap" for like 2 hours, rIgHt?
Anyways...( *tone of Gabriel from 'Jess and Gabriel'* ) I am right now downloading episode 7 of PLL 3 because I thought of not going to school today and I need something to do at break time. Youtube is not such a good idea because it is easy to get lost in all the crap that the auto-suggestions throw at you. This, I will just have to do with one episode and no more.

Spoiler

The episode just downloaded. YAYYY!!! I just love PLL guys, but FYI, I am just watching one episode per day and thats only also on days that I don't go to school, like today.

If you are wondering why I don't go to school regularly; we finished the syllabus the week before the last in January so now we are doing papers in school. So some days we think of staying home to revise, while most of the days we do go to school.
Wish me good-luck for today. :heart:
Original post by _pxmudi_
A 16 year-old girl with big dreams typing this right now!

Well, the title is pretty ironic I'd say. I did my CIE O Levels in 2017 and I got 2As, 1B, 4Cs and 2Ds. But I was so happy seeing my results because I was practically failing Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I was so relieved to see that I did not fail any of my subjects.
Then came my AS exams. Well, that was a huge disappointment for me. I did Biology, Chemistry and Physics. I got a B and 2Ds respectively. You could say I was expecting for 1A and 2Cs the least.
And here I am now. Doing A2 this coming May, going to repeat my Chem and Physics AS as well and additionally doing AS English. I am somehow thinking of getting 4As, at least 3As and 1B the least.
I am so prone to procrastination its pathetic. But my dream has always been to be a doctor, ever since I was small. And I decided I am going to start working towards it.
I think this would be a good platform to share what my journey is; the process. This is a place I can hold myself accountable.
What I am going to do today (its 18:42 in Sri Lanka right now), is to organize my life before doing anything. Going to get out my bullet journal and just write down all the things I should do, organize me deskspace and just get in the zone.
I hope I can achieve my dream.
Wish me good luck!

good luck! we have the same dream!
Reply 17
Original post by Ailurophile03
good luck! we have the same dream!

Thank you so much. :heart:
Being alike in dreams is something huh. :lol: Good luck to you too! :h:
Original post by _pxmudi_
Thank you so much. :heart:
Being alike in dreams is something huh. :lol: Good luck to you too! :h:

yeah, i am glad i found someone with whom i can discuss about medical things:colondollar::biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Ailurophile03
yeah, i am glad i found someone with whom i can discuss about medical things:colondollar::biggrin:

SaMe :^_^:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending