The Student Room Group

I am being threatened at uni because I exposed a cheating couple

basically there is this girl and boy I know in halls who were next door to me and they have been sleeping with each other even though they both have a partner back at home so I confronted them about it and they told me to mind my own buisness, think is they are not exactly quiet either, I mean its not right surely cheating like that. the worst was to come when we all were getting drunk Saturday night in the kitchen and I let slip what was going on and they overheard and the boy chased me doing the corridor trying to attack me, I was **** scared I locked the door and refused to come out and he was kicking the door in, whats even more worse someone posted on the girl's facebook about it for a laugh and her boyfriend back home found out and dumped her, so she has said I better watch my back for being a snitch, the thing is I was drunk I didnt mean to say it, thing is since I have had them kicking my door, I am too scared to go out, and even when I did once go out to eat he spat in my direction and she kept doing a slit throat movement at me, I am really scared, should I just quit to save myself?
lmao report them asap
Reply 2
the only response I got from my student union was that I should have kept my mouth shut and my nose out
Reply 3
Shouldn’t have got involved then, you seemed to be trying to mess with them when they had done nothing to you.
Doesn’t excuse how they are acting though, as they are still responsible.
(edited 5 years ago)
It's their own fault for cheating :dontknow:

Is there anyone else you can report it to, besides your SU?
Original post by Danae L
the only response I got from my student union was that I should have kept my mouth shut and my nose out

In which case they are not fit for purpose
Original post by Danae L

Student Union are probably the wrong people to contact unless they actually manage your accommodation. Given it's a flatmate issue, you're probably best reporting it to the accommodation itself, and particularly if you can see any damage to your door!

They still might not do much to help though, especially if there's no visible damage or record of threats. But I'd imagine that kind of behaviour would be some sort of breach of tenancy.
I'd still think carefully about it though - for example if they decide to take the sex as a noise complaint, chances are the first step would be to email the two flatmates with a warning... which would likely be very unhelpful!
snitches get snitched it is your own fault
I think that you should also be constantly with someone , like a friend or something like that not only for protection because but for support as well, You are clearly shaken and the couple didn't exactly take it very well with you "intervening " If they continue doing that threatening you for another week or something like that you should really tell those "qualified" SU that it is an issue that greatly affects your life Because you feel that your life is at risk.if they refuse to help report them.Lay low and stay safe.Good luck
Reply 9
Get onto the relevant people and tell them you fear for your safety. Make sure that they take you seriously and don't let yourself be fobbed off. Keep complaining until someone takes notice.
They're right, it wasn't any of your business. However morally wrong you find the situation, it's their decision to ruin their own relationships.

I'd just keep out of their way if you were. Contact accommodation and see if they'll let you change flat if you really want to, if other people are willing to say they witnessed what happened when the guy chased you and tried to kick your door down then they may take it more seriously.
Just be around with someone at ALL TIMES, next time don't do it or just make sure no one finds out its from you.
Original post by Danae L

Gotta love the SU
Reply 13
Why havent you called your uni switchboard and asked for help- or called the police?
Regardless of the circumstances which led to this confrontation, if you discussed this with your SU and they didn’t advise you to report the matter to campus security then they are incompetent, end of.

Report it to accommodation and security teams, immediately.
This is so fake

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending