The Student Room Group

My stepdad is so annoying

This may seem wierd but I've known my stepdad since I was 4 years old when he and my mum first started going out. Nowadays I can't even bare to be in the same room as him. He never sticks up for me, he always ignores me and often my mum and currently she is pregnant and he's doing nothing to help and support her. I want to like him for my mum's sake and my soon to be sisters sake but I don't think I can!
Original post by LennonHartley
This may seem wierd but I've known my stepdad since I was 4 years old when he and my mum first started going out. Nowadays I can't even bare to be in the same room as him. He never sticks up for me, he always ignores me and often my mum and currently she is pregnant and he's doing nothing to help and support her. I want to like him for my mum's sake and my soon to be sisters sake but I don't think I can!

Not getting on with the step parent is common.

Dont forget though some adults are just rubbish parents/ human beings. Do well in your exams and then get out.
Plenty of people feel this way about their parents, never mind step parents. There's not a great deal you can do about it, other than try and support your mum where you can, do well in your exams and head off to uni. Life starts then, and you choose who you spend time with and when.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending