The Student Room Group

Student finance

My mum has lived with her partner since I can remember he is classed as my stepdad, however he is a full time university student as of September this year and will be earning a lot less due to having to do placement for his course how do I make this clear on my application?
Original post by Juliaakonieczna
My mum has lived with her partner since I can remember he is classed as my stepdad, however he is a full time university student as of September this year and will be earning a lot less due to having to do placement for his course how do I make this clear on my application?

Hi there,

Do you know if your Stepdad expects his income to drop by more than 15% in the 23/24 tax year?

Thanks, Graeme
Yes definitely! He used to do 24 hour shifts at two different jobs and definitely did more than 70/80 hours and his placement will be full time as well so he will be dropping to 26 hours max!
Original post by Juliaakonieczna
Yes definitely! He used to do 24 hour shifts at two different jobs and definitely did more than 70/80 hours and his placement will be full time as well so he will be dropping to 26 hours max!

Thanks, in this case your sponsors can complete the Current Year Income (CYI) form and then upload it to their accounts: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1149325/sfe_cyi_form_2324_o.pdf

That way, so long as there's a predicted drop of 15% or more, we can use their 23/24 estimates to assess your Maintenance Loan. Just to let you know, we're currently processing these forms in 16 working days.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending