The Student Room Group

Pros and cons of studying at different universities.

I have received an offer from both Durham University and Manchester Metropolitan University but am unsure which to choose. What are the general pros and cons of each university? What makes them bad/good?
Original post by 0103
I have received an offer from both Durham University and Manchester Metropolitan University but am unsure which to choose. What are the general pros and cons of each university? What makes them bad/good?

Durham is much, much, much, much, much, much better than Manchester Metropolitan University. While both are capable of teaching, Durham has much more reputation and graduate opportunities.
Reply 2
why did you apply to those universities?
Reply 3
Original post by 0103

Durham. It will be a very rare case where MMU is more suitable and will be better for you in the long run than Durham, it's reputation and all it entails
If this isn’t a joke question, pick Durham
Don't feed the troll
Reply 6
I should clarify:
I have chosen to study Ancient History and Archaeology at Durham and Business with Law at MMU. I understand Durham has a reputation of academic excellence but I would like to know what else makes Durham good/bad. As an example I've seen the Student Union building for each uni and MMU looks much better and has a lot more to offer compared to the one in Durham.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending