The Student Room Group

Why have black boys become the new trend? Especially for Indian girls.

Scroll to see replies

Where abouts do you live in uk? Am white so its probably alot different but I see the new trend being kpop and the rise of asia, black power has been in pop culture since 70's and when I was growing up in early 2000's trend for sub section of white women I knew who liked hip hop was there liked black guys but often had a fetished image (like rejecting my sudanese friend for not being an OG lol, pretty cringe coming from white brit) now I see the younger generation going crazy for kpop related stuff and alot more asian guys white women relationships.
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
I mean this in the most respectable way and don't mean to objectifying any ethnicity or culture. But the truth is black boys in this millennial world especially around my indian culture have very much become a must have taboo. I have noticed maybe a generation or two ago it was white boys. I believe this is 2 par, 1. because I think indian families are more liberal now so indian girls are open to other ethnicities but more so 2. the rise of black influence in pop culture. The likes of Drake, Big Sean, Kanye, AJ Tracy, Anthony Joshua. Black power in popculture is on the rise and in strength which I think brings the allure towards them. Any thoughts? These are examples from my area, you dont have to agree with them but I would like to discuss this societal development.

Black people have dominated popular music culture for generations so this would not be a reason. I also don't believe your assertion that black boys have become the new trend. Indian culture,by the way, is obsessed with light skin ' beauty'.
Original post by SimpleButYetMad
aC

We cant help it, people just love our choco skin :wink:. But fr white music is getting dead thats why lol, rappers like AJ and drake are good asf. Its more to personal preference on who you find attractive.

You would struggle to call rap and other 'black music' music.
Reply 23
Original post by shelly100
I'm just confused as to why you care who someone else dates, it doesn't affect you. If these women want to date another ethnicity, that's up to them. Skin colour shouldn't matter, neither should culture.

Yes true. But this is not utopia! Look around various posts and you will be able to read racist stereotyping on a fairly regular basis. Also ,try reading some of the Muslim comments on various threads . So culture and race do matter- that is the real world!
Reply 24
Original post by AperfectBalance
You would struggle to call rap and other 'black music' music.

what are you talking about??
Original post by mgi
what are you talking about??

How terrible rap and the majority of 'black' music is.

Theres something called opinion. You might dislike it but that doesn't make it objectively bad because its a opinion, not fact.
Original post by Professional G
Theres something called opinion. You might dislike it but that doesn't make it objectively bad because its a opinion, not fact.

and, it is still terrible.
and, it is still terrible.

Which is an opinion, your opinion. Seeing how popular it is around the world contradicts your so called fact.
I thought OP was actually asking an understandable and decent question. Not sure why (s)he was met with racism. :/
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 30

What 'black' music are you referring to?
Reply 31
They are hilarious and sometimes disturbing; especially the racist reasons sometimes given!
Reply 32
Original post by Gabzinc
I thought OP was actually asking an understandable and decent question. Not sure why (s)he was met with racism. :/

S/he has been, in any event , totally inarticulate regarding what exactly they are talking about. That's why she/he is giving monosyllabic answers!
Original post by mgi
That's why she/he is giving monosyllabic answers!

They haven't given monosyllabic answers :dontknow:
Original post by Anonymous
I Agree, do you think the likes of drake and AJ have made our country more multiculturally acceptable? Go back 20 years and an indian girl wouldnt be caught dead with a non indian

It is because of inbred racism within the Indian community. There is a huge colourism issue within the Indian community that affected the perception of other races.

So it was viewed as positive to be with a white or
lighter skin person over a dark or black person.

It still happens till today where many of the movies in Indian cinemas are plagued with colourism. Very few show dark skin Indians or even black people. When they are shown, they are depicted as violent or dangerous.
Reply 35
Original post by harrysbar
They haven't given monosyllabic answers :dontknow:

he was asked what he meant by ' black music' and he failed to give an answer with any examples of what he meant - so i think he is just making mischief! He doesn't even eant to properly explain his opinion. Ridiculous
Original post by mgi
he was asked what he meant by ' black music' and he failed to give an answer with any examples of what he meant - so i think he is just making mischief! He doesn't even eant to properly explain his opinion. Ridiculous

And you failed to give an answer as to why you accused him/her of giving monosyllabic answers when they didn't
trend? um what.. salty men all over TSR nowadays lol
Why should it matter what ethnicity they are? As long as they are a decent human being and there's great chemistry between two people.
Reply 39
Original post by harrysbar
And you failed to give an answer as to why you accused him/her of giving monosyllabic answers when they didn't

He has vanished after posting a pointless unexplained point. I think this is actually now a pointless thread occupied by some people who just want to be pedantic or make meaningless comments so i am checking out and will no longer respond or contribute to this strange thread. Bye.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending