The Student Room Group

Is 4'6 too short for a girl?

Hey everyone. I'm a 4ft6 girl from the UK. I'm in my first year at Uni. Do you reckon I'm just too short? My younger sister is a foot taller than me and it's kinda demoralising. Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
God, you're tiny, I'm going to be 15 and I'm 5 foot 3 and I'm a girl. There's not much you can do. I promote self-love.
Reply 2
Original post by Lala143
God, you're tiny, I'm going to be 15 and I'm 5 foot 3 and I'm a girl. There's not much you can do. I promote self-love.

Ik lol. I'm 19
You are really short but yeah there's nothing you can really do about that
Reply 4
lol I don't think you'll have many problems because of height unless you can't reach something.:colone:
Original post by Anonymous
Ik lol. I'm 19
Hey everyone. I'm a 4ft6 girl from the UK. I'm in my first year at Uni. Do you reckon I'm just too short? My younger sister is a foot taller than me and it's kinda demoralising. Thoughts?

There's no such thing as being 'too short' because it suggests there's something you can do about it. There isn't. Some people may be put off by it though, so if you're intent on being appealing to as many people as possible, hit the gym and give them something else to talk about
wow 1.37 that's indeed quite short ngl
Reply 7
Original post by That'sGreat
There's no such thing as being 'too short' because it suggests there's something you can do about it. There isn't. Some people may be put off by it though, so if you're intent on being appealing to as many people as possible, hit the gym and give them something else to talk about

I feel a 4ft6 girl who ripped would be a put off
I feel a 4ft6 girl who ripped would be a put off

I meant make sure she stays fit and doesn't get fat, 4'6 means she'd put on a lot substantial weight eating like a normal person
Original post by That'sGreat
I meant make sure she stays fit and doesn't get fat, 4'6 means she'd put on a lot substantial weight eating like a normal person

Good point; taller people 'carry' a given extra weight far better, and may not include overweight where the same addition would make someone 4'6" look obese....

The other thing is, what's the OP's general body structure? If she's not curvy she'll look quite elfin....

I mean it depends on you're preferences I guess, from what I know taller men/women won't be as interested in you so try your luck with the shorter / more average men/women
Too short for what? To be a good friend, a caring sister, someone's dream gf/wife? it's not going to affect any of that. It might affect certain activities or physical things you can do, but a lot of people have something they can't do due to issues like anxiety etc.
Short women and petite turn me on One of my ex's was 4 foot 6 and the best sex partner I ever had. I was totally opposite of her big and muscled. Didn't care of what people thought when we walked hand in hand. So don't worry about it smiling.
You’re not TOO short. You just are short. There is nothing wrong with you, you’re just small. It can actually be really attractive if you rock it! Just how tall girls can be seen as elegant, short girls are often seen as really cute! :smile: also, bet your feet are small and you can buy kids versions of trainers for like £30 less, so you’re financially winning too :wink:

Own it, people are more unlikely to question things about you if you seem unsure of yourself
Isn't that legally considered being a dwarf? Genuine question, no snark intended :colondollar:

Honestly I'm in that awkward height where I'm not short enough to get the short-people benefits (being highly desirable to some, generally cute and petite to everyone else, etc.) but not tall enough to be of average height for a woman :lol:

So I'd say you have it good - being further on the end of this spectrum in my opinion will have more benefits than judgements, I see a couple of quite friendly and well-liked girls in my college who are absolutely tiny and sound like they're Y8's! Actual madness. But as you can see, it'll only impair you if you let the negativity get to you :wink:
Being short to me is cute and definitely something I would like/ prefer in a women.
Reply 16
There's nothing wrong with your height (for a girl), your 19 your height means your around 137-138cm in height, tbh I'm a guy and I'm 16 and I'm almost 5'3 (160-161 cm) and I don't have any odd feeling for it, don't look down just for your height, height is just a physical attraction, your 4'6

Depends what you're trying to achieve. I'd suggest you're probably never going to play basketball for a living, but you're probably fine in every other aspect of life.
What is your ethnicity? That's very very short.
Sis- Don't worry I'm 4'6 and I'm 16 like-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending