The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No no u can't give up! I think u just have to think about why these things happen to you. Is it trust issues? Something happen in the past? What is it about yourself that isn't enabling these relationships? And I'm sure that the answer will be pretty simple- i think that u just don't have enough confidence in yourself for this, especially becuase of failed relationships in the past. And I'm pretty sure that your parents do not hate you. Do you feel like you could talk to them about this issue? That could help!
Hope this is helpful, good luck with it all!
Original post by Anonymous
whenever i've made friends it's ended badly. in work my managers have always had problems with me. i haven't been able to form any meaningful relationships or friendships. then a guy that I liked blocked me on facebook for no apparent reason.
should i just cut off contact from everyone and live in isolation? i think everyone hates me even my parents.
Reply 2
i don't know, it's misunderstandings mostly. some people don't like my personality but that's set in now and I can't change it.
i'm 28 btw. i don't think i can talk to my parents about it.
Original post by AvoLife
No no u can't give up! I think u just have to think about why these things happen to you. Is it trust issues? Something happen in the past? What is it about yourself that isn't enabling these relationships? And I'm sure that the answer will be pretty simple- i think that u just don't have enough confidence in yourself for this, especially becuase of failed relationships in the past. And I'm pretty sure that your parents do not hate you. Do you feel like you could talk to them about this issue? That could help!
Hope this is helpful, good luck with it all!
Reply 3
U will for sure find people that get on with u. Just don't lose hope completely. Because then there's absolutely no chance you'll find someone. Keep on trying, keep on finding yourself. Everything will work out okay!
i don't know, it's misunderstandings mostly. some people don't like my personality but that's set in now and I can't change it.
i'm 28 btw. i don't think i can talk to my parents about it.
Reply 4
i don't know, at my age i should have found them already if they existed.
seems to me like most people just come and go and i'm not great at dealing with that.
Original post by AvoLife
U will for sure find people that get on with u. Just don't lose hope completely. Because then there's absolutely no chance you'll find someone. Keep on trying, keep on finding yourself. Everything will work out okay!
Reply 5
i also don't get why he blocked me since i had already unfriended him anyway, i wouldn't have bothered him again. seemed unnecessary :/
I don't talk very much yet I can still be employed. As long as there's a medium to communicate work stuff and you're not silent, you're good :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah it's totally unnecessary kind of immature tbh. He's not worth it you don't need him.
i also don't get why he blocked me since i had already unfriended him anyway, i wouldn't have bothered him again. seemed unnecessary :/
Reply 8
he may have mistaken my messaging as flirting (he already has a partner), but really i was just trying to be friendly nothing more. after he stopped replying i took the hint and unfriended him. now it's like he doesn't even exist on facebook anymore :/ can't think what i did to deserve that.
oh well.
Original post by AvoLife
Yeah it's totally unnecessary kind of immature tbh. He's not worth it you don't need him.
No. You need human interaction otherwise you're likely to lose your mind.

Just because it doesnt work out with a few people doesnt mean it wont with others. Just keep persevering.
im just a really *****y employee in general, i can never seem to meet my boss' expectations. ideally in future i'd like to work for myself and not have a boss (though doing what, i have no idea), but my mum thinks that's unrealistic.
Original post by hello_shawn
I don't talk very much yet I can still be employed. As long as there's a medium to communicate work stuff and you're not silent, you're good :smile:
i think i've lost my mind already haha.
Original post by MidgetFever
No. You need human interaction otherwise you're likely to lose your mind.

Just because it doesnt work out with a few people doesnt mean it wont with others. Just keep persevering.
U did nothing dw. Just leave it and focus on the future
he may have mistaken my messaging as flirting (he already has a partner), but really i was just trying to be friendly nothing more. after he stopped replying i took the hint and unfriended him. now it's like he doesn't even exist on facebook anymore :/ can't think what i did to deserve that.
oh well.

How did you find out he blocked you if you unfriended him? Why did you unfriend him?

Why are you looking him up despite unfriending him?
You should focus on certain hobbies or subjects that interest you, and then if you participate in social groups for those activities you'll end up making friends by default.

You could join facebook, or discord groups for example.

I didn't really have any proper friends until I started an astrology group on facebook last year. I've met loads of super nice people by doing that. Most of them are much older than me as well and have taught me loads. I think being friends with older people is great for someone in your position because they usually won't do anything nasty to you, it would feel like abusing a child from their perspective. It's kind of easy to make friends with them because you can just start asking them for advice and it will make them feel good imparting wisdom onto the younger generations lmao. Obviously not everyone is nice though.

I have friends from all age groups though lol. Just mentioning that because it's not something people often speak about.
(edited 5 years ago)
You might have autism or some other perspective disorder that inhibits you from getting on with people. Could go get some CBT or something
whenever i've made friends it's ended badly. in work my managers have always had problems with me. i haven't been able to form any meaningful relationships or friendships. then a guy that I liked blocked me on facebook for no apparent reason.
should i just cut off contact from everyone and live in isolation? i think everyone hates me even my parents.
im just a really *****y employee in general, i can never seem to meet my boss' expectations. ideally in future i'd like to work for myself and not have a boss (though doing what, i have no idea), but my mum thinks that's unrealistic.

YouTube is a good way to get noticed apparently. Even if you're doing similar things as other people
Original post by ChickenMadness
You should focus on certain hobbies or subjects that interest you, and then if you participate in social groups for those activities you'll end up making friends by default.

You could join facebook, or discord groups for example.

I didn't really have any proper friends until I started an astrology group on facebook last year. I've met loads of super nice people by doing that. Most of them are much older than me as well and have taught me loads. I think being friends with older people is great for someone in your position because they usually won't do anything nasty to you, it would feel like abusing a child from their perspective. It's kind of easy to make friends with them because you can just start asking them for advice and it will make them feel good imparting wisdom onto the younger generations lmao.

I have friends from all age groups though lol. Just mentioning that because it's not something people often speak about.

i had hobbies before and did a few courses, but then when it finishes no one really bothers to stay in touch.
i'm on facebook too but that doesn't necessarily translate to real friendships.
i get what you mean about older people though, ive always gotten on better with them, even as a child i preferred hanging around adults. though if they still see me as a child it's not really an equal friendship is it? that's the problem.
because i can't find his profile when i type his name, it's like he doesn't exist anymore. i don't 'look him up' but it's not exactly difficult to find out when someone blocks you.
i unfriended him because he stopped replying at all and i got tired of seeing him online but getting no response.
Original post by Poooky
How did you find out he blocked you if you unfriended him? Why did you unfriend him?

Why are you looking him up despite unfriending him?
doing what though lol? i'm very introverted, i don't think i'd want that kind of exposure. anyway i'm quite ugly, and people can be mean.
Original post by hello_shawn
YouTube is a good way to get noticed apparently. Even if you're doing similar things as other people

Latest

Trending

Trending