The Student Room Group

Can I get PG loans if I've already borrowed UG tuition + maintenance loans?

So atm I've borrowed full UG tuition loans. This year I haven't taken out any maintenance loans but planning to do so next year, in addition to tuition loans. I wanted to ask if I would still be eligible for postgraduate loans?

Thanks!
All eligibility requirements are here:
https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility

Usually, only equivalent qualifications will prevent you accessing funding.
You don't lose PG entitlement because you've previously claimed UG loan and maintenance. I guess the exception would be where UG is to master's level.
Reply 3
Ah, thanks. I was confused about "You will not be able to get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan if: you’re already getting payments from student finance for another course that you’re studying" - I thought that applied to undergrad courses as well. Thank you for clarifying it! :smile:

Original post by SarcAndSpark
All eligibility requirements are here:
https://www.gov.uk/masters-loan/eligibility

Usually, only equivalent qualifications will prevent you accessing funding.
Original post by frostfly
Ah, thanks. I was confused about "You will not be able to get a Postgraduate Master’s Loan if: you’re already getting payments from student finance for another course that you’re studying" - I thought that applied to undergrad courses as well. Thank you for clarifying it! :smile:

I think it means if you are studying another qualification at the same time. I can't quite think how it would work, but I guess it's there to stop someone studying two masters part time and getting loans for both.
Original post by frostfly

As mentioned PG loan is not normally affected by UG loans. I would beware tho, the PG stacks on top of the UG loan, meaning until you pay back the PG loan you pay 15% (9+6) of your income over 25K back to the government (but this loan should be paid back much faster as its capped at 10K+interest)...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending