The Student Room Group

I want to cheat

I won't, i'm not a cheater
but i think about doing it a lot, to deal with being so insecure. My bf is so patient with my jealousy and says lovely things about me & out relationship but i have serious problems with myself

I think about just having nice evenings on a 'date' talking to someone who likes me and will make me feel desirable, interesting and exciting. Or kissing someone for the first time again even if i have no feelings for them i know they're getting hard (lol)

Cause otherwise i'm just a piece of ****

How can I manage this mean desire? Guys and dating have always been the fastest way to give me confidence, but never lasts long. As soon as they get to know me i feel 'found out' like they suddenly discovered i lied about being a wonderful person and will always now have their eye on others. Then i get insecure and push them away for good

Scroll to see replies

Don't do that, he is loyal. You should love one person, never ruin that with anyone else. You'll really regret it. :colonhash:
Reply 2
I hope your bf sees this and realises you're a red flag. Like a total red flag.

He can do better and I hope he will
If you aren't happy with your relationship, break up and then date another guy. Don't date two guys at the same time because that is plain mean. Your bf trusts you and you shouldn't break his trust like this.
Original post by Anonymous
but i think about doing it a lot, to deal with being so insecure. My bf is so patient with my jealousy and says lovely things about me & out relationship but i have serious problems with myself

I think about just having nice evenings on a 'date' talking to someone who likes me and will make me feel desirable, interesting and exciting. Or kissing someone for the first time again even if i have no feelings for them i know they're getting hard (lol)

How can I manage this mean desire? Guys and dating have always been the fastest way to give me confidence, but never lasts long. As soon as they get to know me i feel 'found out' like they suddenly discovered i lied about being a wonderful person and will always now have their eye on others. Then i get insecure and push them away for good
Yup this is very very mean
He doesn't deserve this he deserves better. Wtf you really need to learn how to control your ugly desires. Be grateful you have a loving boyfriend - not many are lucky like you
You need a counsellor - if you find confidence from other men then thats a bit of a problem. You need to learn to love yourself first
Reply 5
Original post by kkw2002
I hope your bf sees this and realises you're a red flag. Like a total red flag.That

He can do better and I hope he will

Why am I a red flag not just someone who is struggling with something?
Reply 6
I'm not and i would never. I really love him. These are just thoughts and i want to understand how to get rid of them
Original post by forgotten_one
If you aren't happy with your relationship, break up and then date another guy. Don't date two guys at the same time because that is plain mean. Your bf trusts you and you shouldn't break his trust like this.
Let me get this straight... You want to cheat on him because of your OWN insecurities?
Where is the logic in that? Especially if the guy is loyal. smh
Reply 8
Why am I a red flag not just someone who is struggling with something?

Because you're rushing to another person instead of working it out with your boyfriend. It's not rocket science... Either you dump him or talk to him to improve your relationship.
Reply 9
No but i'm not rushing to anyone. We broke up last week and have always tried to work it out but it JUST hit me today the extent of my insecurity and jealous issues which caused our problems. I feel so ashamed about taking it to discuss as it will just make me look so unattractive, unconfident, small and ridiculous. If nothing pushed him away before looking at me as a joke surely will
Original post by UWS
Because you're rushing to another person instead of working it out with your boyfriend. It's not rocket science... Either you dump him or talk to him to improve your relationship.
Work on your self confidence and avoid arrogance. Guess he’s attached to you, which should make you more confident. Unless he keeps looking at other girls. That’s the only case you’d feel low self-esteem or wanna cheat.
He does sometimes, and they flirt with him.
Original post by nha.
Work on your self confidence and avoid arrogance. Guess he’s attached to you, which should make you more confident. Unless he keeps looking at other girls. That’s the only case you’d feel low self-esteem or wanna cheat.
He does sometimes, and they flirt with him.

Comment on it as a joke, about him looking at other girls. So you don’t embarrass him and on the other hand he’d notice that he’s doing you wrong. If he kept doing the same, you don’t have to do the same; as you aren’t a bad person. Ik it’s hurtful to have a partner looking at other girls. But the only way to feel better is if he noticed he’s doing something wrong without you signifying it or telling him. Believe me if you cheated or looked at other guy just for “revenge” or whatsoever. It’ll make you feel bad, not just about yourself but you’ll still not feel better because you did the same knowing it’s the wrong thing.
"I want to cheat because I'm worried my boyfriend has his eye on other people"
Original post by nha.
Comment on it as a joke, about him looking at other girls. So you don’t embarrass him and on the other hand he’d notice that he’s doing you wrong. If he kept doing the same, you don’t have to do the same; as you aren’t a bad person. Ik it’s hurtful to have a partner looking at other girls. But the only way to feel better is if he noticed he’s doing something wrong without you signifying it or telling him. Believe me if you cheated or looked at other guy just for “revenge” or whatsoever. It’ll make you feel bad, not just about yourself but you’ll still not feel better because you did the same knowing it’s the wrong thing.

I know :frown: I have made a joke out of it but couldn't hide the passive aggression. And he just laughed or said aww
as if he pities me for feeling insecure
it's so horrible man i love him so much and feel so incredibly in poison
I know :frown: I have made a joke out of it but couldn't hide the passive aggression. And he just laughed or said aww
as if he pities me for feeling insecure
it's so horrible man i love him so much and feel so incredibly in poison

Maybe he found it cute as you were jealous about it. Believe me low self-confidence gonna put you in a place where you’re gonna be overwhelmed with thoughts that might ruin your bonds. As long as you didn’t get it straight, you really don’t have to worry. If he’s still doing it after you had commented about it. Then you should either talk to him about it. Or you can overlook it. I have been in such situation but I didn’t even have any impression or comments. I just condoned it and I tbh felt better, on the other side I got asked if it bothered me. That’s how it works. Believe me some intend to do so in order to make sure you care about them.

Sooo go on a date with your boyfriend. Presumably he is someone who likes you and makes you feel desirable, interesting, and exciting? And then kiss him until he gets hard.
I really feel like your not getting the attention you deserve on this forum. Y'all she asked this qs because she wants to solve sh*t not because she WANTS to cheat. And Im sure theres nothing wrong with feeling insecure because how I see it, it just shows that you want him to be for you. Anyways i think I get what you mean, maybe you should probably do things together you dont do much. And when you kiss... make it feel like your first everytime 🤷*♀️ most of all maybe you should tell him that you want a bit of change, idk a change of cute name calling and stuff

Never been in a relationship but hope this helps xx

(edited 4 years ago)
Thanks for being understanding, i do regret posting this thread and can't delete. x
Original post by Skittleskitty
I really feel like your not getting the attention you deserve on this forum. Y'all she asked this qs because she wants to solve sh*t not because she WANTS to cheat. And Im sure theres nothing wrong with feeling insecure because how I see it, it just shows that you want him to be for you. Anyways i think I get what you mean, maybe you should probably do things together you dont do much. And when you kiss... make it feel like your first everytime 🤷*♀️ most of all maybe you should tell him that you wasnt a bit of change i don't a change of cute name calling and stuff

Never been in a relationship but hope this helps xx
I don't think you should regret it because everyone deserves to express themselves x it teaches peoples to understand the vulnerability of the other person when they posted a question in the first place

Spoiler

Thanks for being understanding, i do regret posting this thread and can't delete. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending