The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

City vs Endcliffe

I’m pretty sure I’ll be going to Sheffield uni and I’m just wondering which accommodation would suit me best. I’m very big on music which is what I’m studying at uni so I’d have to go in to uni to practise as well as for lectures and stuff. I wanna get involved in lots of the music society stuff so I’ll be spending a lot of my time rehearsing on campus too. I’m not a massive drinker and I prefer pubs to clubs. I know music societies often have post rehearsal drinks at the student union which I think will be something I’ll enjoy. im sort of more leaning towards city but I’m just worried I won’t make friends if I live there
Endcliffe for a nice introduction to everyone and a great atmosphere. The walk is not great but 90% of first year students will end up in Endcliffe/Ranmoor so really easy to make friends. Honestly Endcliffe as a definite, its in a lovely area and the facilities are just fine. You wanna be where things are happening.
(edited 4 years ago)
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
If you’re academic then endcliffe if for parties same with ranmoor might get good people or crazy party kids
Original post by caitlinnn.dufff
I’m pretty sure I’ll be going to Sheffield uni and I’m just wondering which accommodation would suit me best. I’m very big on music which is what I’m studying at uni so I’d have to go in to uni to practise as well as for lectures and stuff. I wanna get involved in lots of the music society stuff so I’ll be spending a lot of my time rehearsing on campus too. I’m not a massive drinker and I prefer pubs to clubs. I know music societies often have post rehearsal drinks at the student union which I think will be something I’ll enjoy. im sort of more leaning towards city but I’m just worried I won’t make friends if I live there

I'm literally having exactly the same dilemma - wanting to be near campus for music practice but not wanting to isolate myself! (I'm also doing a music degree - joint honours with history) Did you make a decision as I still can't decide..?!
Original post by charlotteeee2001
I'm literally having exactly the same dilemma - wanting to be near campus for music practice but not wanting to isolate myself! (I'm also doing a music degree - joint honours with history) Did you make a decision as I still can't decide..?!

Hey guys exact same situation here, doing music as well. Maybe we should all get a house together lol
Tbf you won't be all that isolated if you live in the city anyway, all the city accomodation is literally a street or two from all the bars. So you won't be missing much, and you might actually be able to get some sleep :tongue:
Original post by GingerFire49
Hey guys exact same situation here, doing music as well. Maybe we should all get a house together lol

Definitely sounds more straightforward😂have you booked your accommodation yet?
Original post by charlotteeee2001
Definitely sounds more straightforward😂have you booked your accommodation yet?

Not yet, though honestly (sorry for the 180 here) think I'm going to go for halls just so my social life is not completely within the music group, cos of my fomo basically haha. Like op said I prefer pubs to clubs but I want to be in the place with the most opportunities. Saying that I'm really looking forward to meeting you and the rest of the music class :smile:!
I just realised by city you meant uni accomodation only just looked on website so ignore me
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending