The Student Room Group

Im a hijabi who gets attention everyday-whats going on?

Has anyone else experienced this?
Im literally one of those serious hijabis who show no speck of hair, no tight clothing, but like to dress nicely/smartly on a daily basis but a lot of days i wear the most basic clothes! Makeup isnt even a thing to me, the furthest i woulf go is a nude lip cream thats literally it. Even my composure, you'd think im modest af.

Everyday i step outside i get at least weirdos walking past saying "mashaAllah", stares from males from all ages, had a ftard grind on me in a cramped elevator, and now men approaching me to marry their son!

What is going on??? Im sick of going through this everyday honestly i get anxiety and im so frustrated-any hijabis who experience this??

Idk if its because of my ethnicity? Because most hijabis i see out there are somali or asian, but im arab?

I put this anonymously because i dont want this to be linked to my account in stats, wallah im not even trolling.
Reply 1
I honestly dont think im one of the "pretty" ones either-i have an asymmetrical face and wonky teeth like come on. I havent even been approached my ppl my age at school etc tbh, so idk whats going on-i like wearing hijab but it annoys me jf its not doing anything :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone else experienced this?
Im literally one of those serious hijabis who show no speck of hair, no tight clothing, but like to dress nicely/smartly on a daily basis but a lot of days i wear the most basic clothes! Makeup isnt even a thing to me, the furthest i woulf go is a nude lip cream thats literally it. Even my composure, you'd think im modest af.

Everyday i step outside i get at least weirdos walking past saying "mashaAllah", stares from males from all ages, had a ftard grind on me in a cramped elevator, and now men approaching me to marry their son!

What is going on??? Im sick of going through this everyday honestly i get anxiety and im so frustrated-any hijabis who experience this??

Idk if its because of my ethnicity? Because most hijabis i see out there are somali or asian, but im arab?

I put this anonymously because i dont want this to be linked to my account in stats, wallah im not even trolling.
Reply 2
i'm finding this all very hard to believe..
I am a hijabi too.
I have not experienced it much and I would not really call myself ugly or maybe it is the fact that I am usually in my ‘own world’ i.e. do not make eye contact with strangers.
What is funny, I recently went back to Pakistan after many years and I am shocked to say that no one said ‘mashAllah’ or any of the sorts. They have advanced too lol
Maybe it depends on where you live?
Apparently lots of Hijabis come on TSR at 3 AM and try to figure out the same thing...
can u blame em? 3am gets boring sometimes.
Apparently lots of Hijabis come on TSR at 3 AM and try to figure out the same thing...

I think being a Hijabi does not make you a rare species. It’s 3 am, but it is holiday too.
Seeing all these ‘Hijabi’ threads, I feel the need to contribute as a Hijabi myself. Maybe it is not required and I should rather be passive.
The timing of the day is frankly irrelevant.
However, I am not really good at figuring out whether it is a troll or genuine.
Wow, ppl think its a troll... After swearing by God's name...
Fine uno what? I wont go anonymous, people wont know who i am in real life anyway even by my username.

Here you go. Im guessing its not something common? Why are these things happening to me then o.O
(edited 4 years ago)
I had an Arab/Eritrean friend once, who was also approached or stared at whenever I went anywhere with her. She did not wear a hijab though. Maybe because she was seen as ‘exotic’, I do not know. It is usually weirdos who think they might have a chance.
I can only tell you to ignore it.

Original post by geniequeen48
Wow, ppl think its a troll... After swearing by God's name...
Fine uno what? I wont go anonymous, people wont know who i am in real life anyway even by my username.

Here you go. Im guessing its not something common? Why are these things happening to me then o.O

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending