The Student Room Group

Guys, would you date this girl?

She is very well educated. She trained to be a primary teacher but struggled to get a job so has settled as a teaching assistant for now.

Would you date her, with the view of marriage, if everything else was perfect and you got on really well?
Reply 1
How can one make a reasonable judgement on such a minuscule amount of information?
Original post by Anonymous
She is very well educated. She trained to be a primary teacher but struggled to get a job so has settled as a teaching assistant for now.

Would you date her, with the view of marriage, if everything else was perfect and you got on really well?

depends on a few factors tbh (e.g. age, religion, ethnicity, credit history, how materialistic they were)
Urr, I mean im no guy, but I'd date any girl if I liked them? And I like people based on personality, not based on looks, grades, or whether or not she could get a job!!
Why do people believe guys care in the slightest what you do for a living? I would date you if I found you attractive yes.

Some of the smartest people I know have limited qualifications!
You’re confusing your thinking brain with your feeling brain.
Who cares what it says on paper? If you don’t get on, don’t find her attractive etc, it’ll never work.
Reply 6
Thanks
Reply 7
Thanks
For me the biggest factor would be religion
but Yes
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

How can "she" of struggled to get a job when we're frequently hearing about the nation being short on teachers, and like 40 kids crammed into a class because of it
Original post by ANM775
How can "she" of struggled to get a job when we're frequently hearing about the nation being short on teachers, and like 40 kids crammed into a class because of it

I think the primary school sector is crowded. All others probs in need
Original post by Amon-ster
For me the biggest factor would be religion
but Yes

As in- you are only willing to date women of a particular religion?
Or there are certain religions that you avoid as a dating deal-breaker.
Depends. If she’s 50 years old with 4 kids then I highly doubt it.
Original post by londonmyst
As in- you are only willing to date women of a particular religion?
Or there are certain religions that you avoid as a dating deal-breaker.

The first one
there are certain religions that you avoid as a dating deal-breaker.

Every religion is a dating deal-breaker haha
If she’s peng
Original post by TheSotonian
Every religion is a dating deal-breaker haha

For an anti-theist or militant atheist who won't tolerate dating someone with alternative religious beliefs.

My father is a militant atheist who has spent decades yelling about all religion being "an evil cult to scam and control the gullible".
He was yelling long before he married my mother, who grew up in an ultra traditionalist catholic family and still goes to church.
Still starts the yelling the same old stuff whenever he sees/hears anything connected to religion.
For an anti-theist or militant atheist who won't tolerate dating someone with alternative religious beliefs.

My father is a militant atheist who has spent decades yelling about all religion being "an evil cult to scam and control the gullible".
He was yelling long before he married my mother, who grew up in an ultra traditionalist catholic family and still goes to church.
Still starts the yelling the same old stuff whenever he sees/hears anything connected to religion.

Can't help who you fall in love with. Sounds like a smart man though. Must be a laugh at the family gatherings
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending