The Student Room Group

How to get someone to like you

How can I get someone to like me ?
I have a crush on this guy but am unsure if he likes me back, he shows signs he does but he also shows signs he doesn’t
You can't force someone to like you.

Just be yourself and see what happens.

Moved to 'Relationships' :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by RazzzBerries
You can't force someone to like you.

Just be yourself and see what happens.

But how can I get him to notice me ?
I'm in a similar spot. There's this one girl I really like, but I can't really tell how she feels about me, if anything.

If you want him to notice you, I'd say try going out of your way to talk to him and find out his interests. It may seem weird at first, but after a while your conversations just kinda carry themselves.
Reply 4
Original post by Gabbalicious
I'm in a similar spot. There's this one girl I really like, but I can't really tell how she feels about me, if anything.

If you want him to notice you, I'd say try going out of your way to talk to him and find out his interests. It may seem weird at first, but after a while your conversations just kinda carry themselves.

How would I start a convo ??
I was messaging him the other day abiut somthing but the conversation ended quite quick.
How would I just message him ?!
You said you were messaging him? What social media platform do you usually communicate with him on?
Reply 6
You said you were messaging him? What social media platform do you usually communicate with him on?

Iv only ever messaged him once and it was on snapchat
"Want to get coffee with me sometime?"

If he says, yes, great - good luck. If he says no then that sucks but at least you'll know how he feels.
One good way I've found of getting closer to someone through snap is by doing streaks with them. That way, you're in contact with them everyday. Not to mention you could start a convo based on what you see in the streak. If you see something interesting or funny in their story, just sending them a couple laughing emojis could be the start of a convo too!
Reply 9
One good way I've found of getting closer to someone through snap is by doing streaks with them. That way, you're in contact with them everyday. Not to mention you could start a convo based on what you see in the streak. If you see something interesting or funny in their story, just sending them a couple laughing emojis could be the start of a convo too!

I don’t do streaks.
Should I send him a snap of somthing then send one after and be like oh sorry that wasn’t for you, then it might start a convo ?
Original post by Delilah23
How would I start a convo ??
I was messaging him the other day abiut somthing but the conversation ended quite quick.
How would I just message him ?!

Yeah so just ignore him, sooner or later he will come to you. Not all guys are into someone coming after them...
It take two to show each other affection and it’s hard to describe how it comes! So my suggestion is most boys are shy myself l always ask for outing during the day l tick what observed if a person can qualify the first accessment before l think of what l will be looking for!!!!!!!
Kkkkkkkkkkk such life!!!!!!!!!!
I don’t do streaks.
Should I send him a snap of somthing then send one after and be like oh sorry that wasn’t for you, then it might start a convo ?

Is there any reason in particular you don't do streaks? If you just don't want to do them, that's completely fine, I'm just asking so I can learn more about your scenario.

If you wanna hit him with the ol' 'oops, wasn't for you' thing then go for it, but I would personally only use it as a last resort.

Maybe try sending him a snap of something like a dress or other clothing, then asking for his opinion on it. You can also tell him that you asked for other's opinions too, so it doesn't seem like you've just singled him out (even though you have lol).
I don’t do streaks.

now's the time to start gurl
Reply 14
Is there any reason in particular you don't do streaks? If you just don't want to do them, that's completely fine, I'm just asking so I can learn more about your scenario.

If you wanna hit him with the ol' 'oops, wasn't for you' thing then go for it, but I would personally only use it as a last resort.

Maybe try sending him a snap of something like a dress or other clothing, then asking for his opinion on it. You can also tell him that you asked for other's opinions too, so it doesn't seem like you've just singled him out (even though you have lol).

Streaks just sent really a thing where I live tbh
But how can I get him to notice me ?

That depends. Does he go to school with you? Uni? Does he work with you?

If he gives signs he likes you, he probably does.
get in a circle of 3 friends and Start chanting "hippity hoppity, your booty is my property" 3 times and then he will magically fall in love with you 😂😂😂
Reply 17
Original post by ThatOldGuy
That depends. Does he go to school with you? Uni? Does he work with you?

If he gives signs he likes you, he probably does.

We use to go school together but he works for a football club my brother goes to so I seem him weekly.
We always look at each other a make eye contact.
We’ve spoken a few time, we never really spoke in school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending