The Student Room Group

Manchester Non Academic Information Form?? / Personal Statement (Medicine/Dentistry)

I'm applying for dentistry next month and am currently in the process of writing my personal statement for my UCAS application, however when I visited universities for their open days, a lot of them (including Manchester) mentioned that they don't read the personal statement submitted on UCAS, but instead would rather you fill in a separate form.

I was just wondering if I could just copy and paste my personal statement draft into the form, instead of basically writing the same paragraphs all over again but different wording.

Seeing as they stated they rarely read the UCAS personal statement, surely this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not so sure?? I don't want to write another version of my personal statement when my first personal statement is already quite strong? Can't I just use that?
Original post by csva
I'm applying for dentistry next month and am currently in the process of writing my personal statement for my UCAS application, however when I visited universities for their open days, a lot of them (including Manchester) mentioned that they don't read the personal statement submitted on UCAS, but instead would rather you fill in a separate form.

I was just wondering if I could just copy and paste my personal statement draft into the form, instead of basically writing the same paragraphs all over again but different wording.

Seeing as they stated they rarely read the UCAS personal statement, surely this wouldn't be a problem, but I'm not so sure?? I don't want to write another version of my personal statement when my first personal statement is already quite strong? Can't I just use that?

The manchester non-academic form is split into 4 sections but you can definitely copy and paste aspects of your personal statement into the relevant section. I applied to Manchester last year for medicine and I used a lot of my personal statement in the form
Reply 2
Original post by csva

I'm in the same boat as you. What are your stats?
Reply 3
Original post by ITS2019
I'm in the same boat as you. What are your stats?

My stats are mediocre ngl lmao I'm just hoping my personality will give me a boost at the interviews
At gcse, 8 A*s, 1 A, 1 B. (equivalents)
At A level, predicted AAA
Avg of 2500 on my ucat (not great but in the top 50% at least)

What about you? Where are you applying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending