The Student Room Group

I got all 9s at GCSE - AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pang13
Yeah maybe, I only did 10 GCSE’s, I know some schools did 11 or 12

Yep
When did you start revising? And how did you spread it out did you do like e.g did you do more on the weekends and how many hours did you do
Btw well done!!!!
Oh and do you have any tips you think someone would really want to know
Reply 23
Original post by stenamb5
When did you start revising? And how did you spread it out did you do like e.g did you do more on the weekends and how many hours did you do
Btw well done!!!!

Thank you! Going into Year 11, I made a half assed revision timetable, and I only did about 50-75 minutes revision (3 or 4x 25 minute slots) Starting from Easter, I did from 15-20 hours per week (which isn’t actually that much) but revised smartly. I did revision in focused 25 minute chunks using a promodoro timer. This probably helped me the most, as using an app like forest or flora really helps you keep your revision focused.
Reply 24
I'm in year 10, how much work should I do per day to achieve all 9s?
Btw well done those results are incredible (my dream results :smile:)
do you have any resources of ways to revise for history cos theres a hella amount of content its just maddd
Original post by Pang13
For maths, I would just say grind at it as much as you can. It’s difficult to get someone to like maths especially if they’re not interested, so I would just say to do LOADS of past papers and questions while watching tv or netflix yo stop you from getting too bored.

no offence but how is that helpful? netflix and tv distracts you and what is the point of having it on when ur revising? the boredom is still there
What resources/websites did you revise from for Maths?
Reply 28
Original post by :-))
I'm in year 10, how much work should I do per day to achieve all 9s?
Btw well done those results are incredible (my dream results :smile:)

To be honest, since your in Year 10, I would just do the work that is set for you by the teacher and not stress yourself out too much. The most important thing is to take good notes and to make sure you pay attention in class so you don’t have to worry as much in Year 11.
Reply 29
Original post by NoTearsLeftToCry
no offence but how is that helpful? netflix and tv distracts you and what is the point of having it on when ur revising? the boredom is still there

Haha none taken! Of course this is only my advice, but for maths, I find it monotonous and repetitive to do questions without music or Netflix in the background. For me at least, as long as your active thinking goes to your maths and your passive listening is tuned in on the music or Netflix, it makes it kinda fun :smile:
Reply 30
Original post by Ja78975
What resources/websites did you revise from for Maths?

For the most part, I used mme, maths genie, maths and physics tutor etc. Basically any website that can provide me with a load of questions since I had done all the practice ones available. Hegarty maths on YouTube is also great if you’re stuck on a topic.
Original post by Pang13
For the most part, I used mme, maths genie, maths and physics tutor etc. Basically any website that can provide me with a load of questions since I had done all the practice ones available. Hegarty maths on YouTube is also great if you’re stuck on a topic.

Thanks for the advice!
Reply 32
Original post by PinkBoy
do you have any resources of ways to revise for history cos theres a hella amount of content its just maddd

Not gonna lie, history was quite difficult in terms of resources. If you’re doing Edexcel and my topics, I might be able to share my exemplar questions and answers: I think I did good in history because I was prepared for nearly every question that could come up (since they could realistically only ask certain questions for each question type.)
Original post by Pang13
Haha none taken! Of course this is only my advice, but for maths, I find it monotonous and repetitive to do questions without music or Netflix in the background. For me at least, as long as your active thinking goes to your maths and your passive listening is tuned in on the music or Netflix, it makes it kinda fun :smile:

haha okay. music yes but not netflix and tv haha x i agree
how do you get grade 9s at all subjects ? what helped you; revision etc ? how did you the grades that you wanted and what resources did you use
I'm currently in year 11, how would you efficiently revise each week?
Also how did you revise for History and Science and Maths if you're teacher hasn't got all the content covered?
Reply 36
Original post by Pang13
I studied:
Maths
English Lit + Lang
Triple Science / Separate Science
History
RE
French

I also took up Further Maths in Y11

I am the worst at history and I find Maths quite hard
Any tips? :smile:
How did you learn exam skills like how to answer describe and explain questions and 6 markers and questions about practicals in science?Well done btw for getting all nines :biggrin:
(edited 4 years ago)
How did you learn exam skills like how to do describe and explain questions and questions on the practicals and 6 markers for science.
Well done on getting all nines btw :biggrin:
Any help on how to study for History GCSE

Quick Reply

Latest