The Student Room Group

I got all 9s at GCSE - AMA

Hi guys! This is definitely not meant to be a brag post, I’m just bored and want to help by answering any questions you guys might have. So ask away :smile:

Scroll to see replies

What's your best tips and advice for maths, for someone who doesn't have an interest in it at all?
What subjects did you study?
Reply 3
Original post by SlightlySummer
What's your best tips and advice for maths, for someone who doesn't have an interest in it at all?

For maths, I would just say grind at it as much as you can. It’s difficult to get someone to like maths especially if they’re not interested, so I would just say to do LOADS of past papers and questions while watching tv or netflix yo stop you from getting too bored.
Reply 4
Original post by Hazzabear
What subjects did you study?

I studied:
Maths
English Lit + Lang
Triple Science / Separate Science
History
RE
French

I also took up Further Maths in Y11
Original post by Pang13
I studied:
Maths
English Lit + Lang
History
RE
French

Do you have a favourite subject?
how did you revise french?
Reply 7
Original post by Hazzabear
Do you have a favourite subject?

Yeah, probably french or re cos it’s the most interesting I guess
Reply 8
Original post by Obolinda
how did you revise french?

For french, I got full marks on the writing and speaking cos I just spent hella lot of time going over the grammar (and learning for complex a level grammar like the subjunctive and past conditional.) I didn’t do as well on the listening and reading, so I would’ve spent more time maybe listening to podcasts and doing my quizlet vocab.
How did you get a 9 in RE
Original post by Pang13
For maths, I would just say grind at it as much as you can. It’s difficult to get someone to like maths especially if they’re not interested, so I would just say to do LOADS of past papers and questions while watching tv or netflix yo stop you from getting too bored.

Thanks, I need to start doing lots of past papers. How many should I do in a week?
How did you revise.. Revision techniques??
When did you start revising??
How did you deal with not being too anxious for exams??
Reply 12
How much sleep did you get?
Original post by Pang13
Hi guys! This is definitely not meant to be a brag post, I’m just bored and want to help by answering any questions you guys might have. So ask away :smile:

No question. Just here to say well done. You’re amazing.
Reply 14
Original post by IDOZ
How much sleep did you get?

I never gave up sleep to revise for exams: I always had 7-8 hours every night.
Reply 15
Original post by liamlarner

For RE, I made flashcards for all the content. I did AQA, and I compilated all the possible questions that could come up for all the questions up to 5 marks and answered them in timed conditions (to the second.) For the 12 markers, I did essay plans and learnt them. For those, it would be useful to learn philosophers and their ideas, such as Aquinas, Sartre, Rousseu etc.
Original post by Pang13
I studied:
Maths
English Lit + Lang
History
RE
French

That explains why you managed to get all 9s, you were able to concentrate on less subjects
Reply 17
Original post by Sian.M.A
How did you revise.. Revision techniques??
When did you start revising??
How did you deal with not being too anxious for exams??

Best revision technique - learn every single bit of content using flashcards and Seneca. This should be done around the Easter holiday time. From then, do 25 minutes of content from one subject then 25-50 minutes of past papers of another subject. Just rinse and repeat :smile:
Original post by liamlarner

I got an 8 in RE, the boundaries weren’t that high
Reply 19
Original post by Greywolftwo
That explains why you managed to get all 9s, you were able to concentrate on less subjects

Yeah maybe, I only did 10 GCSE’s, I know some schools did 11 or 12

Quick Reply

Latest