The Student Room Group

I like white boys but white boys don’t like me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Tinder is shallow but most people my age seem to flock onto that website so there will be more options, that’s why I’m so drawn to it in a sense. I don’t want to sound shallow but from dating apps I tried such as Badoo, hinge, bumble, happn, zoosk etc, tinder has the most attractive, outgoing people and I never run out of people to swipe unlike some unpopular apps. I don’t want to make myself more white to be marketable, I do like girly stuff, dressing in the latest fashion trends and makeup but if I have to be “less African” to be noticed, I’d rather be single forever.

Then you have through your series of posts solved your own question. You man who goes to the gym, is outgoing and is fashionable and you also value the most aesthetic app. What you seek are 'apex' men which given competition for them means that you will probably have to approach them first and not be surprised if they use you for sex.

It's certainly not a bad thing to seek an ideal but in modern society you'll tend to find that both men and women who are attractive, physically hit and confident will more often than not be somewhat vein when young. You might have better luck going for such men but older and less likely to believe that their attractiveness and easy women means they can have what they like on a plate.

Alternatively you are 20 so you could move to a bigger city.
Original post by karl pilkington
Do you prefer black guys or white guys? I don't know what to suggest a lot of white guys prefer white girls just look at Samira from love island. People tend to prefer their own race that doesn't mean they think black women are ugly but they just prefer their own.

she's not even that good looking compared to many other black girls
Interestingly the OP is not actually wrong in the struggle she faces according to some analysis although it seems that actually it is women who are more inflexible and likely to fetishise a particular race.

Great to be a White Man or Asian/Latino woman on that chart.
Original post by Rakas21
Then you have through your series of posts solved your own question. You man who goes to the gym, is outgoing and is fashionable and you also value the most aesthetic app. What you seek are 'apex' men which given competition for them means that you will probably have to approach them first and not be surprised if they use you for sex.

It's certainly not a bad thing to seek an ideal but in modern society you'll tend to find that both men and women who are attractive, physically hit and confident will more often than not be somewhat vein when young. You might have better luck going for such men but older and less likely to believe that their attractiveness and easy women means they can have what they like on a plate.

Alternatively you are 20 so you could move to a bigger city.

You’re right I do want an alpha male. I spend so much time at the gym and so much money/time on my appearance, I just want to meet someone with the same standards as me. Attractive men tend to want to sleep around whereas attractive women are more cautious with the type of men they keep in company with. Baring in mind, in our society if a girl is promiscuous she will find it harder to find a partner because of their past. Most pretty girls I know are in relationships but it’s with someone who’s not as attractive. I would date older men but realistically we are at different stages in life, they are looking for marriage and kids, I’m just not ready for that yet. Problem with moving is I enjoy my job and all my family/friends are here. I also don’t want to waste money on paying rent so living with my parents allows me to save money(I want to save money for a mortgage).
You’re right I do want an alpha male. I spend so much time at the gym and so much money/time on my appearance, I just want to meet someone with the same standards as me. Attractive men tend to want to sleep around whereas attractive women are more cautious with the type of men they keep in company with. Baring in mind, in our society if a girl is promiscuous she will find it harder to find a partner because of their past. Most pretty girls I know are in relationships but it’s with someone who’s not as attractive. I would date older men but realistically we are at different stages in life, they are looking for marriage and kids, I’m just not ready for that yet. Problem with moving is I enjoy my job and all my family/friends are here. I also don’t want to waste money on paying rent so living with my parents allows me to save money(I want to save money for a mortgage).

Ultimately you either have to a greater risk in getting the men you want, reduce your standards or until you want long term commitment focus on friendships.
Original post by Rakas21
Interestingly the OP is not actually wrong in the struggle she faces according to some analysis although it seems that actually it is women who are more inflexible and likely to fetishise a particular race.

Great to be a White Man or Asian/Latino woman on that chart.

Is this chart based in the UK or America? I’m surprised black women have a low score with black men. I mean 1% and also white men prefer Asian women over white women. I thought people preferred their own???
Original post by bad bunny
word of advice: white boys aint it.

there are far better types of guys who would appreciate your seasoning, white ones just tend to prefer white girls but that’s more than fine because why have salt and pepper when you can have chilli elsewhere??

How did you just generalise a whole race like that 💀
There are white boys who are going to be interested in you. Are you sure it's about your race? Maybe it's just your face and not your race? There are lots of white women who are obviously white but are not desirable when it comes to their face. Not calling you ugly but...race usually shouldn't matter if the person is smoking hot.
Trust me, there's loads of white guys who would be happy with a black girlfriend. You're only 20! Be patient, maybe one day you'll move to a bigger city and then the problem will be too many white guys wanna be your boyfriend.
Do you go to uni or do you work? What do you do? Surely not everyone is white there.

Anyway most white guys will like white girls. but there are definitely some who don't. Don't feel like you aren't good enough just because of that. They probably wouldn't date asian girls either. Everyone is entitled to have their own 'type'. The right guy will come along soon.
Is this chart based in the UK or America? I’m surprised black women have a low score with black men. I mean 1% and also white men prefer Asian women over white women. I thought people preferred their own???

It does not mention, it sounds like OkCupid have probably just averaged their result.

It's worth noting that with the highest average being only about +24% all the results are still close to zero suggesting that most people have no strong bias, it's just that black males appear to have even less of a preference.

The clear takeaway here though is that it is women who appear to strongly prefer their own race (albeit men generally are less sexually selective i suppose).
I have the same problem
Original post by Artistics
There are white boys who are going to be interested in you. Are you sure it's about your race? Maybe it's just your face and not your race? There are lots of white women who are obviously white but are not desirable when it comes to their face. Not calling you ugly but...race usually shouldn't matter if the person is smoking hot.

I would say I am attractive, I get complimented all the time on my looks and people like my style. No it’s definitely my race, there’s plenty of less attractive white girls than me who get more attention than me. Even a person above added a chart from a dating website and out of all races black women were the least likely to be swiped right so it’s definitely not something I’ve made up in my head. I have had white boys interested in me but not for the right reasons. I don’t know if you watched love island this year but there was a white girl called Amy, a lot of white people online said she was unattractive but she managed to get guys wanting to couple up with her in the villa and there was a black girl called Yewande who I think was prettier but only one guy was interested in her and he was mixed raced.
Original post by J Zonda
Trust me, there's loads of white guys who would be happy with a black girlfriend. You're only 20! Be patient, maybe one day you'll move to a bigger city and then the problem will be too many white guys wanna be your boyfriend.

There is obviously some white nice guys with good hearts but I don’t want to be in a relationship with a guy because he was nice to me, I also have to find them physically attractive and we need have things in common. I’m not desperate to date any white guy who gives me attention or any boy for that matter. Maybe I need to take initiative and ask someone on a date.
Do you go to uni or do you work? What do you do? Surely not everyone is white there.

Anyway most white guys will like white girls. but there are definitely some who don't. Don't feel like you aren't good enough just because of that. They probably wouldn't date asian girls either. Everyone is entitled to have their own 'type'. The right guy will come along soon.

I currently work and 96% of the population here is white which is more than the UK average, it really is just white people. Only like 0.80% is black, the only black people I know is my family and the other ones that my mother goes to church with. You’re right but it kinda sucks, I would love to be in a relationship 😩
I can’t seem to find any white guys who are attracted to black girls. Most white guys I’ve encountered only date within their race and the rest will fetishise me, will want to sleep me but will never want to make me their girlfriend bc they’re embarrassed of what their family/friends will think. I live in a small city, where there’s hardly any black people so I’ve struggled to date within my race. I’ve tried using tinder and other dating apps but everyone is just looking for sex and nothing serious. In real life, I’ll only get approached by white men if I have a weave especially when I have blonde hair, I get a lot attention. I’m scared to make the first move in case I get rejected. It really messes with my self esteem because I feel like I’m not good enough for anyone. I’m 20 years old, I’ve never been in a relationship and I’m feeling like I’m going to be alone forever. Seeing all my friends in serious relationships just reinforces those thoughts. I wish someone would just like me for who I am.

Why do you want a white guy, specifically? Sounds like you're fetishizing us :rolleyes:

I've been attracted to black girls before, many times. I fell for one (from here, incidentally) totally, about nine years ago.
Original post by Tootles
Why do you want a white guy, specifically? Sounds like you're fetishizing us :rolleyes:

I've been attracted to black girls before, many times. I fell for one (from here, incidentally) totally, about nine years ago.

I don’t want a white guy specifically but we live in a predominantly white country, white men are literally everywhere particularly in my town. I don’t have many options so I’m directing my focus to white man because that’s what I’m in close proximity with. Trust me if there were more black men or Asian men around me I would have dated them already.
I don’t want a white guy specifically but we live in a predominantly white country, white men are literally everywhere particularly in my town. I don’t have many options so I’m directing my focus to white man because that’s what I’m in close proximity with. Trust me if there were more black men or Asian men around me I would have dated them already.

OK. Well, as has been said before, could it be that you're just not as attractive as others? Or maybe your (lack of) confidence puts people off? It's hard to say, really, without knowing your appearence or personality.
I currently work and 96% of the population here is white which is more than the UK average, it really is just white people. Only like 0.80% is black, the only black people I know is my family and the other ones that my mother goes to church with. You’re right but it kinda sucks, I would love to be in a relationship 😩

are you planning on going to uni? Might help to break away from your small city.
Original post by Tootles
OK. Well, as has been said before, could it be that you're just not as attractive as others? Or maybe your (lack of) confidence puts people off? It's hard to say, really, without knowing your appearence or personality.

I’m a pretty outgoing person with a lot of friends, I wouldn’t say I’m unattractive either. I’ve had people say I kinda look like steflon don. I am quite shy around guys so maybe that could be the reason I’m not being approached as often as I’d like but I’m only cautious because I don’t want to date another guy who’s looking for a fetish or a quick bang.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending