The Student Room Group

Am I underselling myself?

Basically I’ve had my university choices set in stone for a while, but now I’ve received my predicted grades I feel like I’m underselling myself - I never expected to be predicted these grades so it’s completely thrown me off kilter.

Context:

I want to study Medicinal Chemistry, and I’m doing the A Levels biology, chemistry, and sociology.

I got 999999888A at GCSE, and I’ve been predicted A*A*A* with an A* at EPQ.

I’m applying to Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, and Sheffield. Manchester’s grades are A*AA but the rest are AAB.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Would you stick to the same unis or consider applying to somewhere more presitigious?
Original post by jessblackburn
Basically I’ve had my university choices set in stone for a while, but now I’ve received my predicted grades I feel like I’m underselling myself - I never expected to be predicted these grades so it’s completely thrown me off kilter.

Context:

I want to study Medicinal Chemistry, and I’m doing the A Levels biology, chemistry, and sociology.

I got 999999888A at GCSE, and I’ve been predicted A*A*A* with an A* at EPQ.

I’m applying to Manchester, Nottingham, Newcastle, Liverpool, and Sheffield. Manchester’s grades are A*AA but the rest are AAB.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Would you stick to the same unis or consider applying to somewhere more presitigious?

if you're set on those universities go for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending