The Student Room Group

Is it okay to let someone know they treated you badly?

Even though they are moving on with their life?

Scroll to see replies

i suppose you could, but in a way that says 'i'm not looking to continue some feud, but i just wanted you to know that you treated me very badly x months ago. and i didnt appreciate it. it's nice that you're moving on, best of luck to you, but i think it's something you ought to know if you ever want to improve yourself as a person'. make sure your tone is polite but firm, not soft and meek. you've got this mate x
Reply 2
Original post by aeneas_son
i suppose you could, but in a way that says 'i'm not looking to continue some feud, but i just wanted you to know that you treated me very badly x months ago. and i didnt appreciate it. it's nice that you're moving on, best of luck to you, but i think it's something you ought to know if you ever want to improve yourself as a person'. make sure your tone is polite but firm, not soft and meek. you've got this mate x

I really hate this person though!
Original post by Anonymous
I really hate this person though!

If it's only because you're tremendously angry at them - no. You should grow up and be the bigger person. Forgive them. Move on.

If it's something serious and you don't want others to get hurt, then I suppose it's somewhat acceptable. Be mature about it and make it a discussion rather than an argument.
No. Erase them out of your mind... i spent weeks thinking about how someone treated me and never even properly apologised but 99.9% certain they don’t care how i feel anyway.

let it go. move on. take away anything that reminds of you them

It is always okay to let someone know that they hurt you, or treated you badly. If they never realise this then they can go on to be exactly the same towards other people. Also by explaining to them how they made you feel can take a huge weight off your shoulders. I 100% recommend you do, even if they are moving on with their life. Obviously there are right and wrong ways to go about it. Just make sure you are civil and mature about it. It is up to them whether they do anything with the information you give them or not.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Lilli22
If it's only because you're tremendously angry at them - no. You should grow up and be the bigger person. Forgive them. Move on.

If it's something serious and you don't want others to get hurt, then I suppose it's somewhat acceptable. Be mature about it and make it a discussion rather than an argument.

It’s not even anger, it’s they way they treated me like ****.

Doing bad things to bad people makes us fell good !!!
Reply 8
Doing bad things to bad people makes us fell good !!!

Confrontation isn’t even bad, at least honestly matters.

are you jealous that they are moving on with their life,and you are still their !!

You think they don't deserve moving on with life..
are you jealous that they are moving on with their life,and you are still their !!

Nope, not jealous, that they should know how they treat people
You think they don't deserve moving on with life..

Of course they do
they should know how they treat people

They lack Conscience ...... Even if you tell them that will not make any difference for them..

Is they are your parents ?
Or boyfriend ?
Or girlfriend ?
They lack Conscience ...... Even if you tell them that will not make any difference for them..

That’s actually so true
Is they are your parents ?
Or boyfriend ?
Or girlfriend ?

None - someone I used to like - very **** person!
Reply 17
you can. but just because you tell someone 'you treated me badly' doesn't mean they will feel badly about it. you need to be prepared for that. are you?

Depends on what you are hoping to achieve and the circumstances.
Original post by 999tigger
Depends on what you are hoping to achieve and the circumstances.

Closure to be honest - I am fed up of torturing my mind and suffering

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending