The Student Room Group

Why did he ‘out’ me ? Serious help needed !

This is long but I really need advice and guidance . Please bare with.... thank you

I met this guy called Michael in 2017, he’s a barman at a hotel . We are the same age 25, I visit this hotel 2 times a year summer and winter for 2 weeks at a time.
We met at Christmas and he was the sweetest, most attentive guy. Though I wasn’t attracted to him at first.

I return to this hotel in the summer of 2018 and he’s around, as I stay with my family , mother and 2 older brothers. Though Michael gives me all the attention. I didn’t notice anything till he was serving one day in the dining room and he put my plate in front of me and gave me this long prolonged eye contact lasting 5 seconds or more. He would stop me on the stairs and ‘ask me how my day was going’ or ‘what I did that day’? He would stop me at the bar to chat etc and seemingly invested in my time around the hotel, this was odd because he didn’t do this with other guests, I searched reviews online and his feedback was abysmal , by loads of guests, seen as rude, abrupt, aggressive different to what he was with me.

We head home that morning and my mother and older brother leave first, I follow on and as I’m about to leave I hear behind me ‘fancy a drink before setting off’? It was Michael behind the bar and no one else around, I politely declined as I had a taxi outside but I wondered why the offer to me and not my other family members who left before. I got my taxi sent Michael a friend request and he accepted immediately, thanked him for the stay and he said I was welcome and he hoped to see me again soon. After this I tried over the coming months to keep communication going but he didn’t seem interested. As months passed it got to my next visit so I unfriended him before my return and decided to keep a distance.

I return to the hotel and give him the cold shoulder, a week passes with no interactions. My brother goes to the bar one evening and is served by a waitress and he later tells us that while waiting someone was rubbing his shoulder, he turned around and it was Michael. I was annoyed by this so that evening I wrote a positive review of the hotel and mentioned all staff but him, it was printed by the manager and stuck behind the bar, next evening Michael approached my brother and told him I took him off Facebook and left him out of the review. I heard about it and readded him and lied and said it must has been a glitch. From this moment on Michael again went back to being overly attentive, stopping me at the bar asking me what my favourite films were, tv shows and what I was watching at the minute etc.
Next evening myself and my mother walked into the bar and he was serving a customer, older and a bar packed full of customers, he clocked me walk in and ripped the money out of the mans hands, leapt on the till and ran to catch us on the stairs leaving the bar unattended. Behaviour again awkward ...
Next evening I go to the bar with my brother and he walks over, grabs 4 glasses and starts juggling them in front of me, looking up to catch my attention, he then says loudly he will be at our families room with a tea tray for our mother, complimentary at 9pm so I am there to greet him at 9pm and as he hands the tray over, I turn around to walk back into the room and he’s pressed up against my back.

Being a barman Michael worked 4pm to 11pm every day, was never around in the morning, my mother made a prediction that if Michael liked me in that way he would be at work that day and she was right, he was behind the bar not doing anything but standing around, we overheard him say he was only in for a few hours. Strange!

My family went out shopping so I remained to talk to him. We start chatting all friendly, full eye contact and we talk Christmas, family and where I live in London, he says he’s never been looks away suddenly and says ‘if I ever visit I’ll probably take a future girlfriend’ this was confusing after his actions and behaviour in July and December . His attentive nature and investment.

I return home and months pass, moving forward. I start playing online games, quizzes etc for fun on Facebook. I play 30 games in 10 days, one evening I log in and see Michael has played a game, intrigued I check his profile to see he has replicated everything I have online. All 10 days worth, I message him about it but he’s cagey in response. This however didn’t deter him, this carried on for over 3 months. Day evening night. Watching my actions.

Game of thrones started on tv in the U.K. and it stared at 2am, I would post I was watching, first episode Michael out of nowhere messages me, are you watching,? I didn’t respond, forty minutes later he sends a follow up message. I respond and we chat for over two hours from 2am to 4am for the next 6 Sunday’s he messages me doing the same thing. The show comes to an end and he goes back to repeating my actions, games on my account.

I message him and address it, he goes off, I’m straight mate end of just saying, I heavily invest in women, I don’t swing that way and never will. As a result of this I unfriended him again.

I go on holiday in July for 2 weeks and no sign of Michael, we arrive and two staff members are acting strange. 8 days into my stay I get a friend request off Michael at 1.45am. I accept band he asks why I keep deleting him. Tells me he is on a holiday , he’s not around for 10 days of my 2 week stay. He comes back but the behaviour is odd, no eye contact, walking out of rooms.

We leave the hotel and I write my review but again don’t mention Michael, he wasn’t around. 12 days later he sends me a message at 4.15am, why was I not in the review? Who’s thinking of that at that time of the morning. I said it was because he wasn’t around and he said fair enough this was July 28th.

It gets to August 13th and I locate a closed private Facebook group and on the 12th July while I was at the hotel, a staff member uploaded a napkin with a sexualised drawing with me and Michael and it was shared by the general manager of the hotel . I reported this immediately but it confirmed Michael had told staff of my interest in him. Head office got involved and it was bad.
I messaged Michael and said not to speak to me ever again after this and I was done with him but it was anger talking, this was 4 weeks ago but I miss him.

Thing is I don’t know why he outed me, his behaviour is confusing. Is he straight by these actions ,? If you have read this all and reply thank you . I truly need help. I’m lost ...
wow that's really confusing...i'm too confused to even think of a good enough response for this 😐🙄
I’m sure I’ve seen this story before, and even then I was confused 🤔
Original post by Girafferace
I’m straight mate end of just saying, I heavily invest in women, I don’t swing that way and never will.

Is this something he said??? It seems like he's slightly obsessed...well overly obsessed
Original post by OR321
I’m sure I’ve seen this story before, and even then I was confused 🤔

same story? where?
Original post by maiishaa-a
same story? where?

Months ago but on TSR
well can't be the same thread starter bc they've only joined TSR recently 🙄😬😬 well better not judge some people have similar/same episodes occurring in life as others

Okay......chill.
This is a well-known copypasta.
Original post by OR321
Months ago but on TSR

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=85095424&highlight=michael%20barman this???? 😭😂😂😂😂 this one's 25 however and the linked one's 18 idk maaannn
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=85095424&highlight=michael%20barman this???? 😭😂😂😂😂 this one's 25 however and the linked one's 18 idk maaannn

Yuppp this one lmao

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending