The Student Room Group

'Islam is right about women': Odd signs spark confusion in local town

A slew of controversial signs posted across one local town has been drawing more confusion than outrage.

In Winchester, signs that read "Islam was RIGHT about women" has residents scratching their heads to figure out exactly what the poster meant by those words.

Winchester Police and upset residents spent a good part of their Wednesday afternoon removing signs from several poles across the town.

"I assume it's negative," said Dorothy Kruger, a resident. "That's not cool, that's not a cool thing to do."

https://www.boston25news.com/news/-islam-is-right-about-women-odd-signs-spark-confusion-in-local-town/987837653
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Probably the same type of person who lives of benefits and say we’re taking their jobs, that put that sign up lmao
This is Winchester in the USA rather than the U.K, of course it’s negative.
Reply 3
That's so confusing even as a Muslim to read that.
I don't get that at all.
Original post by OR321
Probably the same type of person who lives of benefits and say we’re taking their jobs, that put that sign up lmao

Nothing like a bit of blind tabloid prejudice against those you assime also to be prejudiced.
maybe an incel who can't get a woman and likes the idea of arranged marriage/more subservient wives.
:hmmmm:
Reply 7
Original post by -Quava-
That's so confusing even as a Muslim to read that.
I don't get that at all.

How can it be confusing for you? As a Muslim, you know that "Islam is right about women".
Unless, of course, you are confused about what Islam actually says about women - which would be understandable.
Oh no, online trolling has now extended into the offline world and they are littering the streets with odd signs. :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by QE2
How can it be confusing for you? As a Muslim, you know that "Islam is right about women".
Unless, of course, you are confused about what Islam actually says about women - which would be understandable.

*sigh*
I an fully aware of what Allah (SWT) has made obligatory and advised us to refrain from.

I don't understand why someone would write it on a piece of paper and randomly stick it up.
Original post by Rotting Corpse
What does Islam say about the womens?

That it takes two of them to give an opinion worth the same as that of a man.

I think the sign writer probably meant that Islam is at the right of the political spectrum in its views and attitudes on women.
Original post by Rotting Corpse
Yo, I thought you were leaving TSR forever?

I was meant to and then put up a post a few days back saying I would be on for UCAS purposes but a few of my fAnS keep quoting my posts from before that thread was made to start Islamic debates with me. :colonhash:
But yes, I will only be on here until January (off and on for UCAS) and then in'sha'Allah I shall be gone.
Reply 12
Original post by -Quava-
*sigh*
I an fully aware of what Allah (SWT) has made obligatory and advised us to refrain from.

I don't understand why someone would write it on a piece of paper and randomly stick it up.

You don't understand why someone would feel the urge to affirm the truth of Allah's words?
Reply 13
Original post by Good bloke
That it takes two of them to give an opinion worth the same as that of a man.

I think the sign writer probably meant that Islam is at the right of the political spectrum in its views and attitudes on women.

Indeed. It's ironic that Islam and the Hard Right share so much ideology.
Original post by QE2
You don't understand why someone would feel the urge to affirm the truth of Allah's words?

On a random piece of paper in the middle of a town? ...
:colonhash:

You could go on social media and post there or give dawah at the local mosque but I don't understand what the purpose of the paper is going to do other than confuse people.
The liberal left loves both Islam and feminism. Completely nonsensical.
Reply 16
Original post by -Quava-
On a random piece of paper in the middle of a town? ...
:colonhash:

You could go on social media and post there or give dawah at the local mosque but I don't understand what the purpose of the paper is going to do other than confuse people.

I regularly see people randomly affirming the truth of Allah's words in my town centre.
Original post by QE2
I regularly see people randomly affirming the truth of Allah's words in my town centre.

How so?
Where I'm from people usually affirm the truth of Allahs words between themselves or if there was an on topic conversation. Hence, I find the report weird.
Reply 18
Original post by -Quava-
How so?
Where I'm from people usually affirm the truth of Allahs words between themselves or if there was an on topic conversation. Hence, I find the report weird.

Not familiar with the concept of street dawah? You need to get out more (with a mahram, obviously).
Original post by QE2
Not familiar with the concept of street dawah? You need to get out more (with a mahram, obviously).

I haven't seen anyone give street dawah around this area so no I'm not familiar with it although I've watched videos of it.
Obviously, you are going to have to realise at some point in your life that some areas are different to others so where you're likely to see something in one are, you would be unlikely to see it in another. I guess it's you that really needs to step out.

And street dawah is not as random as a vague piece of paper pinned to a wall.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending