The Student Room Group

Which university to choose for master in Marketing?

I’m an international student outside Europe. Since last year, I’ve got offer for the terms of 9/20 but I deferred it to 20/21 instead.
Here are the offers that I’ve got so far
- MSc Marketing (International Marketing), Henley business school
- MSc International Marketing Management, University of Leeds
- MSc Marketing, Lancaster University
- MSc in Marketing, University of Strathclye
- MSc Marketing Management, University of Southampton (3,000£ scholarship)

I’m also considering about the student life, weather (not too much raining). Plus, Finances are not my issue.
Would you guys please help me to choose and listing the reasons which university would be the best and worth for the money?
(edited 4 years ago)
I think Henley and Lancaster would be a safe bet ! But do they give you a placement year after the programme ?
Reply 2
Original post by sanjanawrites
I think Henley and Lancaster would be a safe bet ! But do they give you a placement year after the programme ?

Could you please clarify me more about the reason that Henley and Lancaster might be the safe bet? As I’ve heard Lancaster U is a bit far from the city centre. For the placement year, I haven’t check about it yet cause I probably go back to my home country to work afterwards 😅
Original post by Sothcss
Could you please clarify me more about the reason that Henley and Lancaster might be the safe bet? As I’ve heard Lancaster U is a bit far from the city centre. For the placement year, I haven’t check about it yet cause I probably go back to my home country to work afterwards 😅

Are you from India ?
Original post by Sothcss
I’m an international student outside Europe. Since last year, I’ve got offer for the terms of 9/20 but I deferred it to 20/21 instead.
Here are the offers that I’ve got so far
- MSc Marketing (International Marketing), Henley business school
- MSc International Marketing Management, University of Leeds
- MSc Marketing, Lancaster University
- MSc in Marketing, University of Strathclye
- MSc Marketing Management, University of Southampton (3,000£ scholarship)

I’m also considering about the student life, weather (not too much raining). Plus, Finances are not my issue.
Would you guys please help me to choose and listing the reasons which university would be the best and worth for the money?

Hello,
Congratulations on your offers and I'm glad you're considering Lancaster. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help and answer them. I'll just address a few things so far! The weather in England can be rainy, I'd say that Leeds, Lancaster and Strathclyde (since they're in the north) will all be rainy and cold in winter (with Strathclyde not getting too warm throughout the whole year). Lancaster is near the sea so can be windy but this means the clouds can move quickly and we get very sunny days even in winter. Southampton is in the south so will definitely get hot in summer but will also have typical English winter weather, and again is near the sea so will get storms and rain. Lancaster is a campus uni and is about 10-15 minutes away from the city by bus. It's surrounded by fields and greenery but also has LOADS of places to eat on campus as well as shops and study spaces and everything you need. The accommodation is very close. We also have colleges so as a graduate you'll be in graduate college. You can chose to live in the graduate accommodation which is on campus so you'll live with other graduates, have your own designated study spaces in your college and the library and your college will run events - it also has its own bar (but you're welcome to go to any of the others, there's 9 in total!). You can also live in town and Lancaster is very cheap, with bills included as a standard. I doubt there's many places you can find cheaper rent! We have a really big international community here, especially in the Lancaster University Management School which is its own hub (with its own lecture theatres, seminar rooms, costa coffee and careers service).
I hope this is helpful, and again, let me know if you have any questions.
Charlotte :smile:
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending