The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rozzo89
Idiots..I don't ******* think so, mate. If you bothered to even understand..long-term use fo tea, the caffeine will sensitise receptors, encourage water loss more frequent despite subsequent fluid intake, it'll flush out more readily then one who just consumed the drink. It works. In the context of this thread, I was talking about weight.

Losing water weight isn't the same as losing weight.
Reply 21
SMed
:lolwut:

A LITRE of sweat every night? I think not.

You'll typically lose 1 kg overnight through dehydration (water lost through sweat and moisture in your breath).

http://www.martialconcept.com/html/10-ways_to_lose_weight.html

Granted it's not the greatest source in the world, but I'm too tired to find a better one right now. I've heard it repeated on various documentaries.
Reply 22
Boxers typically can gain about a stone or even more post weigh in so it's not a huge stretch of the imagination.

Plus logic tells me the more you weigh the bigger the differences in weight will be between weigh ins. Ie. if you're 50kg you won't fluctuate in weight as much as say someone who is 100kg due to carrying less water weight etc.
Reply 23
Ive gained it in 3 days.Crazy but true
I exercise twice per week and drink a lot of water every single day and I have been losing weight. Dropped from 83kg to 76kg. All of a sudden, one day I wake up and I have gained like 3kg and I'm on 79kg like wtff.
Original post by Kemzo123
I exercise twice per week and drink a lot of water every single day and I have been losing weight. Dropped from 83kg to 76kg. All of a sudden, one day I wake up and I have gained like 3kg and I'm on 79kg like wtff.

People fluctuate daily

also this thread is from a decade ago lmao
I started eating after alot of loosing weight like i was 90kg and i loosed to 60kg so i started eating after alot of time and the next day when i weigh so it was 64kg and after that i thought maybe its normal but the second day it was 66kg and now from almost 2 months its sometimes 64,65 and sometimes 68 .... like if i diet for a few days so the weight starts to come backwards and if i eat again so it stays increasing like since 2 months i dont know whats my actual weight cuz it hasnt been back to normal. Water retention should flush and back to normal but thats not happeninh why ?
Original post by Adonis
it can happen, did you just eat a crapload?

and a few days to flush excess water

I started eating after alot of loosing weight like i was 90kg and i loosed to 60kg so i started eating after alot of time and the next day when i weigh so it was 64kg and after that i thought maybe its normal but the second day it was 66kg and now from almost 2 months its sometimes 64,65 and sometimes 68 .... like if i diet for a few days so the weight starts to come backwards and if i eat again so it stays increasing like since 2 months i dont know whats my actual weight cuz it hasnt been back to normal. Water retention should flush and back to normal but thats not happeninh why ?
Original post by Kemzo123

Original post by Angry cucumber
People fluctuate daily

also this thread is from a decade ago lmao

Latest