The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m in a good place to talk about it now so don’t be afraid to ask! as long as it’s not stupid like “were you drunk” (for the record I was under the age of ten - so no).

Are u male or female

And I’m very sorry u had to go through the abuse .
Reply 2
Original post by Banshee123
Are u male or female

And I’m very sorry u had to go through the abuse .

Thank you, and I’m a girl. <3
Did you get to see the abuser sent to jail?

P.S You are a sexual abuse survivor whose strength and positive mentality will inspire others to be survivors too.
Reply 4
I’m in a good place to talk about it now so don’t be afraid to ask! as long as it’s not stupid like “were you drunk” (for the record I was under the age of ten - so no).

who was the abuser?

what exactly did they do to you?

Sorry to hear about that...How did they get to you

I'm glad you're in a good place now.

It is common for minors to not say anything when such indecent acts are committed; how do we make sure that a child knows that these things are wrong and that they should tell someone about it?
Like others, I'm sorry this has happened to you

But I'm so glad you've decided to create this thread, the only way to fully understand what victims go through is for them to speak out, although it's obviously very difficult and can be distressing
Original post by ANM775
who was the abuser?

I’m surprised you haven’t blamed it on her yet with your attitude towards females

Sorry about this:

1. What happened? Can you share the story?
2. Was the abuser related to you?
3. Do you think pedophiles should receive the death penalty?
4. What sort of support did you receive after your experience?
5. Does your family know about your rape?
6. Has your experience affected the way you engage with men (if your rapist was a man)?
7. How are your parents feeling about this situation?
8. What do you think about false rape / sexual assault claims?
9. Do you have a boyfriend know and does he know?
10. How is your mental health?
Reply 10
Original post by ANM775
who was the abuser?

you don't ask people that. ever.
Original post by Ciel.

This is a safe space. OP said that we should ask her anything.
Reply 12
Original post by Wired_1800
This is a safe space. OP said that we should ask her anything.

ama threads don't usually mean ask me literally anything. a normal person knows where to draw the line. why the hell would you want to know the details of someone's sexual assault? why do you care how it was done? it's ****ing sick, have some respect.
Reply 13
Original post by Ciel.

she made an "ask me anything" thread and specified not to ask stupid questions like if she was drunk. I've done nothing wrong.

It's not as if she posted a regular topic about being sexually abused [with no AMA] and I asked this question.
Original post by Ciel.
ama threads don't usually mean ask me literally anything. a normal person knows where to draw the line. why the hell would you want to know the details of someone's sexual assault? why do you care how it was done? it's ****ing sick, have some respect.

I think if it is an ask me anything thread, then there are no restrictions unless the OP put them in. it is called ASK ME ANYTHING!!!! You are policing the conversation which is OTT to me. If the OP is uncomfortable with the question, she wont respond.
Reply 15
Original post by ANM775
she made an "ask me anything" thread and specified not to ask stupid questions like if she was drunk. I've done nothing wrong.

It's not as if she posted a regular topic about being sexually abused [with no AMA] and I asked this question.

believe me, your question was a very stupid question.

yeah...
It is an AMA thread. Are you policing this thread too?
It is an AMA thread. Are you policing this thread too?

It IS weird to ask someone the details of their sexual abuse imho, sorry, even if they say they’re fine with it. You wouldn’t ask someone in person so why on the Internet?
Reply 18
I think if it is an ask me anything thread, then there are no restrictions unless the OP put them in. it is called ASK ME ANYTHING!!!! You are policing the conversation which is OTT to me. If the OP is uncomfortable with the question, she wont respond.

i don't care if i'm "policing the conversation". i don't want young, impressionable people to read this **** and think, "oh, so it must be okay to ask people that" when it's not.
I disagree with you. If it was a safe space, I would ask the question. I have done so before and the girl was fine with it. This one was not raped though but was harassed by this weirdo.

Normal people don’t go around asking sexual abuse or rape survivors the details of their trauma unless they’re a counsellor, close friend or family or a healthcare professional. Otherwise it’s totally inappropriate

Latest

Trending

Trending