The Student Room Group

Period blood in urine?

I think perhaps I'm overthinking this however I've been having a fairly heavy period since Monday and when I went to the toilet yesterday after sitting down for a while my urine looked red , the same happened today after I'd been sat down too, I'm still bleeding quite heavy now too. Is it anything to be worrying about as in serious health conditions or is it normal for period blood to sometimes end up within urine ??? Please help me calm down haha I've almost made myself sick over this😂
Don't worry. :smile:
It's normal.
Reply 2
Original post by londonmyst
Don't worry. :smile:
It's normal.

Thank you for replying!! I've just been driving myself mad for the last couple of hours over it!! Is it just because of my period being heavy??
ur vag opening (period comes out) and urethra (urine comes out) are right near each other. obviously some will mix with your urine. u prob arent bleeding in ur urine but actually its mixing with the period
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for replying!! I've just been driving myself mad for the last couple of hours over it!! Is it just because of my period being heavy??

Yes.
Reply 5
ur vag opening (period comes out) and urethra (urine comes out) are right near each other. obviously some will mix with your urine. u prob arent bleeding in ur urine but actually its mixing with the period

Thank you for replying, I think it's just both coming out at the same time, as it feels like the blood is coming out from where it's meant to, everything seems normal it just looked red, I think it's just my period though as it's been heavy!
Reply 6
Original post by londonmyst
Yes.

Thank you for replying! This has helped !
I think perhaps I'm overthinking this however I've been having a fairly heavy period since Monday and when I went to the toilet yesterday after sitting down for a while my urine looked red , the same happened today after I'd been sat down too, I'm still bleeding quite heavy now too. Is it anything to be worrying about as in serious health conditions or is it normal for period blood to sometimes end up within urine ??? Please help me calm down haha I've almost made myself sick over this😂

It is normal at the moment but if it persists after your period days go see a doctor.

My sister had something similar happen to her and when she bought it up to me, I was like ”ofcourse, you are a girl, what did you expect, that's just your period”. It went on for almost 3 weeks post menstrual days only for the doctor to tell her that she had gotten some STD that is only gotten through sex not even public toilets. long story short she broke with her boyfriend a couple of days after that.
Reply 8
Original post by Shish_bish
It is normal at the moment but if it persists after your period days go see a doctor.

My sister had something similar happen to her and when she bought it up to me, I was like ”ofcourse, you are a girl, what did you expect, that's just your period”. It went on for almost 3 weeks post menstrual days only for the doctor to tell her that she had gotten some STD that is only gotten through sex not even public toilets. long story short she broke with her boyfriend a couple of days after that.

I'll keep checking that it doesn't persist after my period , although I don't think it'd be an STD if it continued as my boyfriend definitely doesn't have anything like that. I might have a UTI though maybe?? But hopefully I'm alright. Thank you for replying :smile:)
make a thread when you're bleeding from your arse

If you can be sure that the blood is from your vagina then fine, it's probably your period. But if you think it may be coming from the urethra, if the blood still shows up in your urine after your period is over, or you have any other discharge from the urethra, or pain on urination, then speak to your GP.
Source = medical student
If you can be sure that the blood is from your vagina then fine, it's probably your period. But if you think it may be coming from the urethra, if the blood still shows up in your urine after your period is over, or you have any other discharge from the urethra, or pain on urination, then speak to your GP.
Source = medical student

Okay thank you for replying!! Not to be tmi but I went to the toilet again and there wasn't really any blood this time only a little bit , so it's probably just my period being heavy
If you experience unusual/intense pain and it continues longer than your period usually would then see a doctor.

I once ignored signs of a bladder infection because I was on my period. It got pretty bad.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by sinfonietta
If you experience unusual/intense pain and it continues longer than your period usually would then see a doctor.

I once ignored signs of a bladder infection because I was on my period. It got pretty bad.

Okay thank you! It's not really hurting tbh. But I'll keep checking after my period :smile:
Original post by Shish_bish
she had gotten some STD that is only gotten through sex not even public toilets.

Just in case you were actually being serious with this statement - you cannot get an STI from using a toilet.
Okay thank you for replying!! Not to be tmi but I went to the toilet again and there wasn't really any blood this time only a little bit , so it's probably just my period being heavy

Good to know!
Original post by black tea
Just in case you were actually being serious with this statement - you cannot get an STI from using a toilet.

I know, that's why I put it.

Quick Reply

Latest