The Student Room Group

My girlfriend doesn't want to me shave my pubic hair, even though she has!

So this is super awkward.

Me and my girlfriend who have been going out for about a year have never had an a serious argument until the subject of (I can't believe I'm typing this!) my pubic hair!

I casually mentioned to her that I was considering going smooth like her and she didn't take it very well. She told me that she really likes my pubes as my type is so rare (I have natural red hair down there). I darted back at her that she was being so hypocritical that its okay for her to be shaved but that I can't have the same style as her. I also told her that I would never tell her how keep her pubic region.

Its really annoying, but I really don't know what to do. I love her and don't want to break up over something so stupid, but at the same time I don't want to let her tell me what I can and can't do with my body.

How should I deal with it?

Scroll to see replies

Are you a girl or a guy?
It is your body, so you should be able to deal with it as you see fit.
You did the right thing by discussing it with your girlfriend, but ultimately the choice is yours.
Being devils advocate, I prefer men with hair down there, but that's just my opinion.
I'm ginger too. Embrace it!! Just have a bit of a trim with some scissors and you'll be fine.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Are you a girl or a guy?

Girl
Girl

It's your body you do what you feel is best
If you want to shave then shave it is your body and your choice and you should do whatever makes you feel comfortable
Original post by iamthestudent
well thanks for making my puke

What a mature response from someone who plans be a medical student...

Me and my girlfriend who have been going out for about a year have never had an a serious argument until the subject of (I can't believe I'm typing this!) my pubic hair!

I casually mentioned to her that I was considering going smooth like her and she didn't take it very well. She told me that she really likes my pubes as my type is so rare (I have natural red hair down there). I darted back at her that she was being so hypocritical that its okay for her to be shaved but that I can't have the same style as her. I also told her that I would never tell her how keep her pubic region.

Its really annoying, but I really don't know what to do. I love her and don't want to break up over something so stupid, but at the same time I don't want to let her tell me what I can and can't do with my body.

Not sure what you currently do with your pubic hair, but would trimming be a suitable compromise rather than shaving?
Original post by black tea
Not sure what you currently do with your pubic hair, but would trimming be a suitable compromise rather than shaving?

bruh someone has no sense of humour clearly 😂

this kid fully describes his pubes that’s a bit grim

but whatever enjoy being stuck up and boring no worries
Don't let a partner dictate what you do with your own body.

(Also it's not "rare". She just hasn't encountered it before. And hey it grows back.)
(edited 4 years ago)
bruh someone has no sense of humour clearly 😂

this kid fully describes his pubes that’s a bit grim

but whatever enjoy being stuck up and boring no worries

You've further proven my point...
It's your own body, do whatever the **** you want.

Your pubes, your choice :h:
Do what you want with your own body tbh; my girlfriend loves my “fluff” as she calls it but I still shave it

Yes. Hopefully they won’t become a gynaecologist.
Reply 15

Your body your choice

loolll ok love

have fun being as sad as u are 🤩
Gross, hun.

Cut it off, or cut her off from your life.

You are arguing about nothing and frankly you sound like a bit of a snowflake because of it.

Do what you wish with your pubic hair but don't make a big song and dance about it.
loolll ok love

have fun being as sad as u are 🤩

You aren't very bright they are both females

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending