The Student Room Group

Online Dating! Should people video call before meeting for the first time for a date?

Im going on a lunch date soon with a man i met via LinkedIn 😂...hes almost twice my age. Been texting for over 5 months now.

Im wondering if we need to have a video call with in depth conversation before meeting? We video called months ago but it was for like a minute and was naughty stuff going on...

I feel a bit worried im meeting him. I don't have enough information as to what he looks like or sounds like..he wont send me pictures and doesn't wanna talk over the phone.

The last time i saw him on video call was like for a minute honestly he looked good and sounded ok. Just think i want to talk more before committing to a lunch date.

Is he avoiding me?
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Him not talking over phone or sending you pictures of himself is a BIG red flag!!! Essentially you don’t know exactly who you’re meeting, they could be a complete cat fish or worse. Meeting in a public place is a very good idea until you know exactly what he looks like, or only meet him on the condition that he FaceTimes/video calls you first.
Reply 2
Original post by Torigracex
Him not talking over phone or sending you pictures of himself is a BIG red flag!!! Essentially you don’t know exactly who you’re meeting, they could be a complete cat fish or worse. Meeting in a public place is a very good idea until you know exactly what he looks like, or only meet him on the condition that he FaceTimes/video calls you first.

Well we video called once i did see him. And he's not a catfish based on his LinkedIn hes's legit . I just want more pictures and more voice conversation if that makes sense. ...he does have a linked picture. And i just wanna make sure i like what he looks like..i do like everything i have seen so far but wanna see him again to confirm my feelings
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Hope5677
Im going on a lunch date soon with a man i met via LinkedIn 😂...hes almost twice my age. Been texting for over 5 months now.

Im wondering if we need to have a video call with in depth conversation before meeting? We video called months ago but it was for like a minute and was naughty stuff going on...

I feel a bit worried im meeting him. I don't have enough information as to what he looks like or sounds like..he wont send me pictures and doesn't wanna talk over the phone.

The last time i saw him on video call was like for a minute honestly he looked good and sounded ok. Just think i want to talk more before committing to a lunch date.

Is he avoiding me?

wow, you are such a liar. you claimed he was sooo good looking in your previous threads, lol.
Reply 4
you are crackers

this sounds like a bad tv thriller plot
Reply 5
Original post by Ciel.
wow, you are such a liar. you claimed he was sooo good looking in your previous threads, lol.

He is good looking. ..i most have claimed something else like he is really successful....basically a company director 😂😬....i just wanna see him again. Curiosity killed the cat? I don't want the cat though to be killed by pushing for pics and ****. The cat being our date

Also im worried about what kinda conversation we are gonna have. I wanna hear him talk normal over the phone. I don't wanna go there and be ambushed by weird talk of some horny rich guy...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
you are crackers

this sounds like a bad tv thriller plot

You the guy from the Muslim toilet paper thread?
Reply 7
You the guy from the Muslim toilet paper thread?

no idea what ye are babbling about
Reply 8
He is good looking. ..i most have claimed something else like he is really successful....basically a company director 😂😬....i just wanna see him again. Curiosity killed the cat? I don't want the cat though to be killed by pushing for pics and ****. The cat being our date

Also im worried about what kinda conversation we are gonna have. I wanna hear him talk normal over the phone. I don't wanna go there and be ambushed by weird talk of some horny rich guy...

you claimed you were meeing him like a month ago, your whole story doesn't add up. meh, boring.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
no idea what ye are babbling about

hi daddy.
Reply 10
Original post by Ciel.
you claimed you were meeing him like a month ago, your whole story doesn't add up. meh, boring.

It was two weeks ago. .he travelled to France for work now hes back .date is finally happening..what doesn't add up? You jealous Go find your own millonaire
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
It was two weeks ago. .he travelled to France for work now hes back .date is finally happening

mhm, lies, but i don't care enough to argue. he's probably not a 'director' at all, just some ****ing rapist like most of them. wouldn't it be nice if they all just dropped dead? ah, wishful thinking
Reply 12
Original post by Ciel.
hi daddy.

are ye doing any better? Saw your thread the other day but I didn't have any practical advice
Reply 13
Original post by Ciel.
mhm, lies, but i don't care enough to argue. he's probably not a 'director' at all, just some ****ing rapist like most of them. wouldn't it be nice if they all just dropped dead? ah, wishful thinking

Haha he is a director 😂...he really went to France .you're cray. How you doing I read your heavy thread today. Did you break up with the bf? And you getting help with alcohol and drug use?
Reply 14
Original post by gjd800
are ye doing any better? Saw your thread the other day but I didn't have any practical advice

yeah, totally. and that's totally fine, i just needed to get it all off my chest, hence that thread.
Haha he is a director 😂...he really went to France .you're cray. How you doing I read your heavy thread today. Did you break up with the bf? And you getting help with alcohol and drug use?

**** france. he's an old rapist preying on young people. i can tell. from all your previous posts. believe me, i can spot a ****ing predator from miles away. i genuinely hope his plane crashes. don't have a problem with 'alcohol and drug use', stop trying to change the subject.
Reply 15
Original post by Ciel.
yeah, totally. and that's totally fine, i just needed to get it all off my chest, hence that thread.

I can understand that

Glad things are settling for you though
Reply 16
Original post by Ciel.

**** france. he's an old rapist preying on young people. i can tell. from all your previous posts. believe me, i can spot a ****ing predator from miles away. i genuinely hope his plane crashes. don't have a problem with 'alcohol and drug use', stop trying to change the subject.

Never said you have a problem ..you said you were misusing these stuff and ......just checking if you're doing something to prevent it from happening again. ..lol hes not a rapist or catfish...hes a busy man...this date took 5 months to organize so stop chatting ****...

I don't know about him being a predator. ...he seems genuine ...and i know his interest involves sexual fetishes 😂..he's upfront and honest..

My question is more about video calling before dates for online matches..stick to the theme of the question or i will report your posts
Reply 17
Original post by gjd800
I can understand that

Glad things are settling for you though

aww, thanks
Never said you have a problem ..you said you were misusing these stuff and ......just checking if you're doing something to prevent it from happening again. ..lol hes not a rapist or catfish...hes a busy man...this date took 5 months to organize so stop chatting ****...

I don't know about him being a predator. ...he seems genuine ...and i know his interest involves sexual fetishes 😂..he's upfront and honest..

My question is more about video calling before dates for online matches..stick to the theme of the question or i will report your posts

no, i didn't.
and of course he is. you are a naive little girl, and it's so obvious. but sure. go, meet him, and see what happens. but it might become the biggest regret of your life. and feel free to report me for giving you the most important warning you've ever heard.
Reply 18
Original post by Ciel.
aww, thanks

no, i didn't.
and of course he is. you are a naive little girl, and it's so obvious. but sure. go, meet him, and see what happens. but it might become the biggest regret of your life. and feel free to report me for giving you the most important warning you've ever heard.

Sure 😂😂...i will be assaulted at lunch in a restaurant with a company director of a large multinational company in a central area...whatever. i will post an update on Tuesday on how it goes..you need to chill ...
Sure 😂😂...i will be assaulted at lunch in a restaurant with a company director of a large multinational company in a central area...whatever. i will post an update on Tuesday on how it goes..you need to chill ...

If he is so important then Why not google him to see if he is the one he says he is🤷*♀️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending