The Student Room Group

Twitter account has been suspended

I feel like crying, my twitter account has been suspended. Apparently for "Violating the rules against platform manipulation and spams" how so? When my latest tweet was about how excited I am for Spotify Wrapped.
The reason why I'm so mad about this, is because I've had this account for 8 years and built up many memories, created friends and reached a larger audience of followers. I accumulated 200,000 followers (real followers, and the account followed 135,000 back)
I have written a couple of appeals to Twitter and provided an explanation of why I have not misused the Twitter service. I even tried to make another account earlier which also lead to suspension. I just want my twitter account back that I've worked so hard for, it's really disrupting me and I've accepted for what it is.
I just hope with all the evidence I have provided it will give Twitter the rights to unsuspend my account.
I'm really annoyed by this and I'm praying that they do give me my account.
I just want to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and managed to get their account back?
Please help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Got suspended once for calling a politician an unsavoury word. lasted about 12 hours
Is it really that life-changing if you can't use Twitter any longer? The way you've written this, I thought someone had died!
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
Got suspended once for calling a politician an unsavoury word. lasted about 12 hours

How did you get your account back?
Reply 4
Original post by Reality Check
Is it really that life-changing if you can't use Twitter any longer? The way you've written this, I thought someone had died!

Yes it's very life changing, my twitter account is gone. My one and only and I can't use Twitter no more. I need my original account back and I'm trying as much as I can to persuade them. Well, my account has died.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
How did you get your account back?

They gave me an option to remove the offending tweet. Wasn't happy about it but I did it
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
They gave me an option to remove the offending tweet. Wasn't happy about it but I did it

Well you're lucky! I really hope they get back to me and give me an option todo that also. Even though I'm pretty aware that none of tweets are offensive.
Reply 7
Well you're lucky! I really hope they get back to me and give me an option todo that also. Even though I'm pretty aware that none of tweets are offensive.

Mine was offensive (well...) but meh I see worse go unpunished all the time

I did it anyway just so I could get access back. I hope you get sorted
Reply 8
Original post by gjd800
Mine was offensive (well...) but meh I see worse go unpunished all the time

I did it anyway just so I could get access back. I hope you get sorted

Exactly, there are other degrading comments mentioned on Twitter that are never investigated yet mine is, I've been wrongfully accused. Well good for you. And thanks. I'm hoping too.
boo hoo, cry me a river. The way you phrased this sounded as if your mother had died. Grow up and stop overreacting.
Does anyone if twitter have a direct phone number to call?
I won't be giving up until I get my account back!!
Reply 11
I feel like crying, my twitter account has been suspended. Apparently for "Violating the rules against platform manipulation and spams" how so? When my latest tweet was about how excited I am for Spotify Wrapped.
The reason why I'm so mad about this, is because I've had this account for 8 years and built up many memories, created friends and reached a larger audience of followers. I accumulated 200,000 followers (real followers, and the account followed 135,000 back)
I have written a couple of appeals to Twitter and provided an explanation of why I have not misused the Twitter service. I even tried to make another account earlier which also lead to suspension. I just want my twitter account back that I've worked so hard for, it's really disrupting me and I've accepted for what it is.
I just hope with all the evidence I have provided it will give Twitter the rights to unsuspend my account.
I'm really annoyed by this and I'm praying that they do give me my account.
I just want to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and managed to get their account back?
Please help!

Sounds like you did too much aggressive following and got caught in their automated systems. Normally takes 7 days for them to get to it once you've logged an appeal. Ideally you'll have apologised in your appeal for violating their rules. But assuming you weren't actually spamming people they'll unsuspend you and all your tweets and followers will still be there.
Make use of the 7 days to maybe find something else to do that has a bit more of a long-term benefit to you? The suspension of your twitter account should really not be impacting your health, the fact it has suggests you need to take a step back.
Original post by TheDemeaning
boo hoo, cry me a river. The way you phrased this sounded as if your mother had died. Grow up and stop overreacting.

I am grown and I can overreact if I want to. People use social media to expand their business and make money.
I'm sure you'll be in distraught if something happened to you. Maybe if your WhatsApp account was deleted or something else so personal you wouldn't say "Grow up & stop overreacting".
Original post by 2500_2
Sounds like you did too much aggressive following and got caught in their automated systems. Normally takes 7 days for them to get to it once you've logged an appeal. Ideally you'll have apologised in your appeal for violating their rules. But assuming you weren't actually spamming people they'll unsuspend you and all your tweets and followers will still be there.
Make use of the 7 days to maybe find something else to do that has a bit more of a long-term benefit to you? The suspension of your twitter account should really not be impacting your health, the fact it has suggests you need to take a step back.

I haven't followed a huge amount of people actively like that. As I've had the account for a long time I've just followed as I progressed, I don't just follow random people at every day and at every second. It was just something that I'd do occasionally and it happened in instalments during the 8 years of my time on Twitter (if you understand). So it will take 7 days for them to respond? :frown: I really hope they unsuspend me because all of my actions made on twitter are never intentionally to affect or offend anyone. I don't have anything else todo but just watch my casual youtubers. It's unfortunate that its lead to this way as the people on my Twitter really made my life a bit better especially for all the things I've gone through personally.. and it's really annoying. It's good in a way to give me time to reflect but it's going to take me some time to really adjust .. :frown:
Reply 14
I haven't followed a huge amount of people actively like that. As I've had the account for a long time I've just followed as I progressed, I don't just follow random people at every day and at every second. It was just something that I'd do occasionally and it happened in instalments during the 8 years of my time on Twitter (if you understand). So it will take 7 days for them to respond? :frown: I really hope they unsuspend me because all of my actions made on twitter are never intentionally to affect or offend anyone. I don't have anything else todo but just watch my casual youtubers. It's unfortunate that its lead to this way as the people on my Twitter really made my life a bit better especially for all the things I've gone through personally.. and it's really annoying. It's good in a way to give me time to reflect but it's going to take me some time to really adjust .. :frown:

following 135k accounts over 8 years is 45 a day. If you're keeping up that kind of following rate but in batches and perhaps unfollowing at the same time, you're very likely to trigger their aggressive following alerts.
Original post by 2500_2
following 135k accounts over 8 years is 45 a day. If you're keeping up that kind of following rate but in batches and perhaps unfollowing at the same time, you're very likely to trigger their aggressive following alerts.

Okay I get it now. What about the 7 days thing? I'm I expected to get a response from Twitter and if so do you know what they could possibly/likely say? I'm so lost for words..
Reply 16
Okay I get it now. What about the 7 days thing? I'm I expected to get a response from Twitter and if so do you know what they could possibly/likely say? I'm so lost for words..

Yes you'll get a response, although their decision is final. It's likely to take about 7 days but it entirely depends upon how many others have been caught by the automated system and also appealed in the same timeframe. Could take longer, could be quicker (unlikely to be less than 2). You can't call them to speed up that appeal, although if you don't already have a phone number attached to your account and you can still access your settings, add one and go through the verify process as it will help convince them you aren't a bot.
Hopefully that real person will see you weren't trying to spam and will unsuspend your account. If you've been nice in your appeal it will help, if you've been rude it won't.
Ideally once you're back live again, start gently reducing your following - 135k is too many really to make twitter consider your account a quality one. And maybe read their rules?
Original post by 2500_2
Yes you'll get a response, although their decision is final. It's likely to take about 7 days but it entirely depends upon how many others have been caught by the automated system and also appealed in the same timeframe. Could take longer, could be quicker (unlikely to be less than 2). You can't call them to speed up that appeal, although if you don't already have a phone number attached to your account and you can still access your settings, add one and go through the verify process as it will help convince them you aren't a bot.
Hopefully that real person will see you weren't trying to spam and will unsuspend your account. If you've been nice in your appeal it will help, if you've been rude it won't.
Ideally once you're back live again, start gently reducing your following - 135k is too many really to make twitter consider your account a quality one. And maybe read their rules?

Thank you for your help. Im trying my best to be nice in the appeal but I don't know if the support team will take it as the way I'm seeing it. I haven't mentioned anything negative apart from that they have wrongfully accused me of violating the rules which is true and inferred my apologies if so. How should I exactly go about expressing that what they've done is wrong in a more coherent manner in the appeal.. I've stated that I've understood the policies and will not violate them again etc. I really hope They unsuspend my account so I can be really cautions of my actions on Twitter in depth. If they do give it back I'm going to reduce the following and be more mindful of my tweets.
I've also skimmed and scanned through their policy's and have taken them into consideration which I also highlighted in my appeal.
Reply 18
Original post by TheDemeaning

I agree with this
I set up my account back in primary and lied about my age in order to do so. Early this year, I decided to change it to my
actual age and promptly got suspended :colondollar:

I made an appeal and left it for a few weeks, hoping that it would sort itself out & then eventually made a new account. The
support team were giving me all sorts of agg (rightfully so tbh) about confirming my age with ID & parental consent, but they
eventually un-suspended my account without any of that like 4-6 months later after deleting all the posts I'd made & the followers I'd gotten
when I was underage.

It was annoying at first but in hindsight; no big deal, I use my new one more often now anyways. Yours will probably be unsuspended much quicker.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending