The Student Room Group

I have no success with Tinder does it mean I’m ugly?

I get matches but no girl ever replies - or we have a conversation then it just dies and she unmatches. Does this mean I’m ugly. I’m 22

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you get matches; no.

It just proves that most girls are in it for the ego boost
No most of those Women are chasing after a fantasy Disney Prince Charming that doesn't exist and they're using you to give themselves an ego boost when those fictional men don't message them
Maybe but at the same time most people on there don’t care about personality and question why they have nobody
Yes.
Reply 5
No, it just means you’re too good for all the girls that match with you but never reply. Pretty much what was mentioned already, they use tinder matches for an ego boost and to show off to their friends, not to actually find what they’re looking for. Every girl that doesn’t reply is just another short sighted person missing out on going out with you. :smile:
Reply 6
A highly competitive market and also one that encourages treating people very badly.
No, not really.

The fact of the matter is that online dating, in general, is pretty damn brutal. That girl you matched with? She's matched with 99 other guys, maybe 10, at most, will actually get a reply.

With tinder though, it got big and everyone started going on it. There's just too many people messing around or looking for an ego stroke on there to make it worth the time. Also, just think about how many people are mindlessly swiping right without actually taking a look at what they're swiping on.
Online dating is terrible for guys, trust me you'll be more successful meeting girls in real life. Most guys also get rejected at least once before finding the right person so don't take that personally either. Good luck, be proud of who you are :smile:
No i don’t think it does mean that
Reply 10
NO

•women have loads of messages and only reply to a few. I know handsome men irl who don’t get replies there
•your opening lines are boring and forgettable
•you’re a back up, not first choice
the women had a bad experience/found someone so don’t use it anymore
•most people don’t open tinder as it’s not the best app for talking

You’re not ugly most likely or they’d swipe left
not at half of this thread blaming it on the girls lool if youre getting matches but they’re always burning out then its probably not the profile but look at the common denominator here. maybe your conversational skills need some work?? a lot of guys on tinder open with bland conversation that will eventually kill itself and then wonder why it didn’t work out. good luck tho b
Original post by Anonymous
I get matches but no girl ever replies - or we have a conversation then it just dies and she unmatches. Does this mean I’m ugly. I’m 22

Apps like Tinder are not the right places to look for love. It's just full of narcissism and vanity and the people on there are only looking for an ego boost. Im a fairly attractive [??] girl and I would never go on one because I could not be in a situation where my self-worth is determined by how complete strangers swipe on a free app. Save yourself the agro and delete the app or it will only eat away at your self esteem and give you a warped view on women.

That’s the same thing with me. I’ve been in/out Tinder for 5 years and never had much look. The most matches I had was probably about 15 but they were either never talkative, inactive or a catfish. Check the 80/20 theory.
The
There are two rules of online dating for men:

1) Be a white guy
2) Do not be a non-white guy
There are two rules of online dating for men:

1) Be a white guy
2) Do not be a non-white guy

Facts
Facts

I thought it was being rich