The Student Room Group

Sending a letter to the USA from the UK

My favourite YouTuber has just released his PO Box and I was thinking of sending a letter to him anyways, but I want to add some thing that only England has. I have decided on the famous Cadbury Dairy Milk bar. It will be a £1 or a 60p bar. (I haven't really decided yet).

I am confused on stamps and if I should hand it to the post office or if I can just post it myself in a post box. Also, I know for definite that it will not weigh that much so I was thinking of sending myself but then I will have no recognition if he has received it or not. Depending on whether I have to take it to the post office or not will depend on when I send it. Post box will be tomorrow (I walk past one on the way to school) and post office will be this weekend. The only problem is he is going to be making a YouTube video (in 7 days) and I doubt that my parcel will have arrived.
Original post by JJrevises
My favourite YouTuber has just released his PO Box and I was thinking of sending a letter to him anyways, but I want to add some thing that only England has. I have decided on the famous Cadbury Dairy Milk bar. It will be a £1 or a 60p bar. (I haven't really decided yet).

I am confused on stamps and if I should hand it to the post office or if I can just post it myself in a post box. Also, I know for definite that it will not weigh that much so I was thinking of sending myself but then I will have no recognition if he has received it or not. Depending on whether I have to take it to the post office or not will depend on when I send it. Post box will be tomorrow (I walk past one on the way to school) and post office will be this weekend. The only problem is he is going to be making a YouTube video (in 7 days) and I doubt that my parcel will have arrived.

https://www.royalmail.com/sending/international/international-standard
Most of the information you need there.
Putting an item in could turn it into a parcel.
Maybe the post office at a quiet time?
i have sent a letter before and i paid for first class just to make sure the postage was covered. but i think putting in the chocolate bar may increase the price and you might need two stamps (second class). i believe it was sent by airmail and arrived within a week, but if you have any doubts look on the website or ask your local postie!
Just a heads up: we have dairy milk bars in the US. My favorite British chocolate bars are Crunchie and Double Decker.
Reply 4
Original post by Sabertooth
Just a heads up: we have dairy milk bars in the US. My favorite British chocolate bars are Crunchie and Double Decker.

Oh right. Hmmm. Better re-think. What state are you from? Maybe it's different for each state??
Original post by JJrevises
Oh right. Hmmm. Better re-think. What state are you from? Maybe it's different for each state??

I live in the South and used to live in the Midwest but dairy milk is available all over the US.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending