The Student Room Group

No point of attending lectures !

Scroll to see replies

I did maths at Nottingham and most of the lecturers would just basically read out what was on the slides as opposed to trying to explain things so that was frustrating and I ended up not bothering to go to most of them as a result. I would usually watch the lectures back and slow them down a lot so I could work at my own pace as I felt that would help. It deffo made things difficult but doesn't mean u can't do good. I only went to 3 hours of the lecturers in autumn term of my final year and still got a 2:1 so I wouldn't worry too much
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
Yea unfortunately this is the case although it was quite promising in the open day that I attended before choosing my current uni.

Could u give me any advice relating to transferring?
The thing is that my uni is close to my house and I'm worried of transfering to another uni with a good reputation but ending up suffering from the same issue (my current uni has a quite good reputation but this doesn't match at all with reality). So in this case I would be having tow issues of distance and quality of teaching.

I don't know much about transferring but it's not something I'd recommend. Partly because it could end up being the same at the uni you switch to.
Besides this could be a temporary problem, if you go on to new modules with different lecturers who teach differently...
Or you could just not go to lectures.
Original post by Scotney
Also name the uni you are unhappy at otherwise people cannot advise in any meaningful way.

What would the advantage be if I named my current uni? I guess the course title is enough.
Original post by Scotney
You will get more relevant responses if you repost your thread saying need to change biomedic courses and give your grades and sate you want good lecturers in OP

Okay. Thanks x
Original post by I'm God
Read the notes from the powerpoint as I find that quite useful. Then, just do practice questions.
There are also many online resources that you can use like Youtube where there is probably an explanation for pretty much everything (everything I've needed so far anyway).

I'm doing this already as attending lectures is adding nothing to me, but the thing is that I paid 9000£ to get the good explanation from uni, not only from YouTube!
Original post by Anonymous
I did maths at Nottingham and most of the lecturers would just basically read out what was on the slides as opposed to trying to explain things so that was frustrating and I ended up not bothering to go to most of them as a result. I would usually watch the lectures back and slow them down a lot so I could work at my own pace as I felt that would help. It deffo made things difficult but doesn't mean u can't do good. I only went to 3 hours of the lecturers in autumn term of my final year and still got a 2:1 so I wouldn't worry too much

Did you manage to get a reference from ur uni?
I have been told that attendance is essential for getting a reference from ur tutors

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending