The Student Room Group

I want to leave A levels because of bullies

I have been bullied since year 3 and I am currently in year 12 and in a new college and I am getting bullied. I want to escape the bullies and I am also sick and struggling with A levels as a result. Should I drop out and do a btec?
Original post by Anonymous
I have been bullied since year 3 and I am currently in year 12 and in a new college and I am getting bullied. I want to escape the bullies and I am also sick and struggling with A levels as a result. Should I drop out and do a btec?

Noooo don’t drop out tf don’t let them affect what you wanna do! Honestly just learn to not care, fake it till you make it, if someone ever says something bad about you just compliment them or agree (don’t actually mean it if you agree just be like IKR or something bc it’d weird them out) but complimenting them really throws them off! Don’t everrrr let anyone’s actions affect what you wanna do in life <3333

I am really sorry to hear this. I can relate to being bullied from a young age. As young as I can remember. Since like nursery. It's not right what you are going through. Not at all. Reporting it is always one thing and my bullying lasted until year 13. You can always report them anonymously and keep near a teacher or authority at all times as that usually deters them from saying anything. If you've tried to deal with it, leaving is always an option, but that is always your call to make. Those people have problems, NOT YOU :smile: There may be an option to study at home and take A level exams at a place but there are genuinely nice people and nice schools out there. You are awesome.
Reply 3
I want to escape the bullies and I am also sick and struggling with A levels as a result. Should I drop out and do a btec?

what exactly are the bullies doing?
It would be wrong to quit because then you're letting them win, don't do that...we're here for you
Reply 4
Original post by errrr99
what exactly are the bullies doing?
It would be wrong to quit because then you're letting them win, don't do that...we're here for you

Calling me names every time they see me, gargling water and spitting on the floor, threatening to beat me up, staring at me
Reply 5
This is not nice, obviously.

Do you think you can concentrate on your schoolwork despite the name-calling, threats and staring?

You will become really tough and respected if you can focus despite these annoying immature bullies

Do you get the impression that they're actually cowards? (just wondering what you really think and feel about the situation)

Remember, bullies are (scientifically shown to be) cowards
I'm not trying to be inconsiderate but there must be a reason why you are being bullied especially as it happens everywhere you go.
Try looking for a new school
Reply 8
Original post by Brxhitsella
Noooo don’t drop out tf don’t let them affect what you wanna do! Honestly just learn to not care, fake it till you make it, if someone ever says something bad about you just compliment them or agree (don’t actually mean it if you agree just be like IKR or something bc it’d weird them out) but complimenting them really throws them off! Don’t everrrr let anyone’s actions affect what you wanna do in life <3333

But she does care! She has to start asking herself why she puts up with it? how about asserting herself for once!
Reply 9
I am really sorry to hear this. I can relate to being bullied from a young age. As young as I can remember. Since like nursery. It's not right what you are going through. Not at all. Reporting it is always one thing and my bullying lasted until year 13. You can always report them anonymously and keep near a teacher or authority at all times as that usually deters them from saying anything. If you've tried to deal with it, leaving is always an option, but that is always your call to make. Those people have problems, NOT YOU :smile: There may be an option to study at home and take A level exams at a place but there are genuinely nice people and nice schools out there. You are awesome.

Interesting. Why did you tolerate being bullied until you were almost an adult though? No one should do that!
Original post by mgi
Interesting. Why did you tolerate being bullied until you were almost an adult though? No one should do that!

Hey,
First of all with all due respect my post wasn't for you to respond to, it was for the original person. Secondly I didn't consciously tolerate it; I was just a people pleaser most of my life and now I'm learning to stand up for myself. I'd appreciate if you didn't cross share as I didn't make my original post to communicate with you :smile:
Original post by mgi
Interesting. Why did you tolerate being bullied until you were almost an adult though? No one

I re-read your post and I thought you were trying to attack my post lol you weren't cross sharing I misunderstood your text; I just didn't feel worthy in standing up for myself at all. Now I can and I see the common humanity in all our experiences :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending