The Student Room Group

Missed a chance with a girl because of Coronavirus

I will keep this short. Basically I’m in year 12 and there was this girl in year 13 who I was preparing to approach and maybe ask out, but then Coronavirus comes along and now I’m never going to see her again. (Because schools could now be closed till September)
I really don’t know what to do. I’ve never spoken to her before but I do know her name. Should I send her a friend request on Facebook and message her or would that be weird? I think my cousin might know who she is (they are friends on Facebook) but they might not be good friends, still maybe I could ask him for help?
Also, a bit off topic, I was going to go to Cornwall this year with my family, we had this great holiday planned and I’ve been looking forward to it. Do you think it will be cancelled due to the Coronavirus? Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Man said add her on Facebook 😂😂
Why don’t you add her on ig or yeah if you’re cousin and this chiq are friends ask him to help you out! 😂
Original post by Anonymous
I will keep this short. Basically I’m in year 12 and there was this girl in year 13 who I was preparing to approach and maybe ask out, but then Coronavirus comes along and now I’m never going to see her again. (Because schools could now be closed till September)
I really don’t know what to do. I’ve never spoken to her before but I do know her name. Should I send her a friend request on Facebook and message her or would that be weird? I think my cousin might know who she is (they are friends on Facebook) but they might not be good friends, still maybe I could ask him for help?
Also, a bit off topic, I was going to go to Cornwall this year with my family, we had this great holiday planned and I’ve been looking forward to it. Do you think it will be cancelled due to the Coronavirus? Thank you

Yes, the holiday should be cancelled, given social distancing. You can have the holiday another year. The more we socially distance, the quicker this awful epidemic will be over.

As for the Facebook thing, maybe speak to your cousin first? If she knows her, she can tell her your name. She may already be aware of you, and if she looks at your Facebook page and likes the look of you, she may welcome you friending her.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous_1930
Why don’t you add her on ig or yeah if you’re cousin and this chiq are friends ask him to help you out! 😂

Thank you, I will ask him when I next see him. Will she not find me creepy if I just randomly add her when she doesn’t know who I am?

Definitely try contacting her on FB - don't lose the chance

Unfortunately it is quite possible, particularly if it's early in the season (i.e the end of July). We just don't know yet how things will pan out, unfortunately. Best not to think that far ahead :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Oxford Mum
Yes, the holiday should be cancelled, given social distancing. You can have the holiday another year. The more we socially distance, the quicker this awful epidemic will be over.

As for the Facebook thing, maybe speak to your cousin first? If she knows her, she can tell her your name. She may already be aware of you, and if she looks at your Facebook page and likes the look of you, she may welcome you friending her.

Thank you. I can’t believe that the holiday will be cancelled, it’s the only thing keeping me going with all the revision and homework I’m being sent :frown: But I would rather my family be safe from the virus, I will just have to wait till next year.

I will try asking my cousin, but he lives quite far away from me so it’s a bit confusing that he knows who she is? They don’t even go to the same school or anything. Anyway thank you for the response
Reply 7
Original post by Reality Check

Unfortunately it is quite possible, particularly if it's early in the season (i.e the end of July). We just don't know yet how things will pan out, unfortunately. Best not to think that far ahead :smile:

Thank you for the response, I will message my cousin at some point and see if he can be of any help. If not, I will just add her and consider messaging her, I guess I have nothing to lose if I am never going to see her again anyway.

I guess I just won’t think about the holiday until it gets a bit closer. No point worrying when I don’t even know what will happen yet. Thank you for the response
Reply 8
Another question guys, I’m not sure how to structure my message to her. Should it just be short and simple, or a bit more complex? I only have one chance at this really so I don’t want to mess it up. Thank you
Original post by Reality Check

I have just contacted someone I only met once on Facebook. Daren't look to see if I have had a response. Knowing my luck he won't be interested. But it's that little bit of hope that keeps us going.

So forget my pussy footing around response. Just add her on Facebook, as Reality suggests.
Reply 10

dont ask the cousin just add her its not creepy like that - its odd involving a 3rd person
Original post by Oxford Mum
I have just contacted someone I only met once on Facebook. Daren't look to see if I have had a response. Knowing my luck he won't be interested. But it's that little bit of hope that keeps us going.

So forget my pussy footing around response. Just add her on Facebook, as Reality suggests.

Thank you for the response, please keep me up to date on how this works out for you, I hope it does :smile: I think I will add her tonight, but it’s not like I can take her out anywhere with everything on lockdown lol, so I’m not sure on how to approach this situation
Another question guys, I’m not sure how to structure my message to her. Should it just be short and simple, or a bit more complex? I only have one chance at this really so I don’t want to mess it up. Thank you

Be honest. Say you’ve seen her around and you think she seems nice. And ask her how she feels about school finishing.
Original post by Ciel_
dont ask the cousin just add her its not creepy like that - its odd involving a 3rd person

Thank you for the response, I suppose you’re right, I think I will try and sort this out without his help
Original post by mathsalevels
Be honest. Say you’ve seen her around and you think she seems nice. And ask her how she feels about school finishing.

Thank you, so short and simple then. I’m going to be honest I’m not overly experienced in this sort of thing, so I will just introduce myself and just be genuine, I feel it’s just going to be super awkward though, so I’m not sure if I even want to do it lol
Reply 15
Thank you, so short and simple then. I’m going to be honest I’m not overly experienced in this sort of thing, so I will just introduce myself and just be genuine, I feel it’s just going to be super awkward though, so I’m not sure if I even want to do it lol

its ok dont be nervous youll forget about it in a few months/be glad you did it. update us as well :smile:
You could introduce yourself and play it smooth.
Start by being her friend....get to know her
Original post by Ciel_
its ok dont be nervous youll forget about it in a few months/be glad you did it. update us as well :smile:

Thank you, I’m just going add her first, if she adds me back then I will send her a message and update you all :smile:
Original post by Anonymous_1930
You could introduce yourself and play it smooth.
Start by being her friend....get to know her

Thank you, I will try this, I’m just hoping it won’t be to difficult to get her as a friend when we’ve never actually spoken in person
It’s always a good idea to try!😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending