The Student Room Group

Needing a place to go

I’m only 18 I’ve never lived independently or away from my parents but recently they threatened not to only kick me out but burn all my a-level notes that I have and I don’t know how to handle it I want to leave but I don’t have no part time job or friends that I can crash with and even if lockdown is over I don’t know how I would handle it . I know they’re my parents but I really can’t handle being here anymore
Reply 1
Original post by DB_16
I’m only 18 I’ve never lived independently or away from my parents but recently they threatened not to only kick me out but burn all my a-level notes that I have and I don’t know how to handle it I want to leave but I don’t have no part time job or friends that I can crash with and even if lockdown is over I don’t know how I would handle it . I know they’re my parents but I really can’t handle being here anymore

This sounds unreal. "Burn a level notes" are you making this up? And how do you expect someone to advise you when you give so little detail about yourself or why your parents supposedly threatened to burn your study stuff?
Reply 2
Original post by mgi
This sounds unreal. "Burn a level notes" are you making this up? And how do you expect someone to advise you when you give so little detail about yourself or why your parents supposedly threatened to burn your st

I’m being for real why would I make it up . She said burn my study stuff as part of kicking me out so it’s not supposedly . And I don’t even know what detail I should give what else more is there to say about it
Original post by DB_16

Do you have any family you could go to ? Try and contact anyone who you think could help you. And if you are kicked out, go to a youth shelter, or a police station. Someone will help you.
Reply 4
Original post by DB_16
I’m being for real why would I make it up . She said burn my study stuff as part of kicking me out so it’s not supposedly . And I don’t even know what detail I should give what else more is there to say about it

ok. 1) Why do your parents want to kick you out? what happened?
2) do your parents argue a lot with each other?
3) how do you generally feel about yourself?
4) do you live with other people apart from your parents?
5) how do you speak to your parents?
6) what is your action plan for your life for the next 3 years?
If you answer these questions then you may get answers that may help you?
Reply 5
Original post by mgi
ok. 1) Why do your parents want to kick you out? what happened?
2) do your parents argue a lot with each other?
3) how do you generally feel about yourself?
4) do you live with other people apart from your parents?
5) how do you speak to your parents?
6) what is your action plan for your life for the next 3 years?
If you answer these questions then you may get answers that may help you?

1) they want to kick me out because they’re very controlling on when I go out where I go who I go with
Times I should be home and rules and I hate to admit but they’re being racist towards my partner and they aren’t happy with me seeing him
2) they do argue a lot with each other and Rn it’s like I’m a coping mechanism so that they argue about me rather then argue about themselves
3) generally I’m fine and relaxed but my parents put me under so much pressure making me severely depressed
4) in our house it’s only my parents my younger brother and me
5)even when my they try argue with me I try stay calm
6) well it was to finish my alevels then the other two years move out for uni but this situation makes me feel very tempted to move out dinner
Original post by DB_16

Only 18? 😂😂😂
We have a spare room and we can spare you food
I mean homeless have no where so he’ll just be homeless
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Only 18? 😂😂😂

Okay I wrote this when I was having a mental breakdown so Idek 😕.
Reply 10
Actually that’s very true
Original post by DB_16
Okay I wrote this when I was having a mental breakdown so Idek 😕.

Only 18 though, how is that only, 18 isnt young
Reply 12
Only 18 though, how is that only, 18 isnt young

True
Reply 13
I mean homeless have no where so he’ll just be homeless

She’ll be homeless
Original post by DB_16
She’ll be homeless

Honestly if you want somewhere to go I’m in ******* can even pick you up it’s not safe being out.
We have food. Only thing is that the other room is currently just been decorated so it’s just an air bed on the floor as we was going to get a bed but shops shut a week later. It’s comfy imo

Only thing you’ll need is clothing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Mapleservers
Honestly if you want somewhere to go I’m in ******* can even pick you up it’s not safe being out.
We have food. Only thing is that the other room is currently just been decorated so it’s just an air bed on the floor as we was going to get a bed but shops shut a week later. It’s comfy imo

Only thing you’ll need is clothing.

Thank you
Right now I’m safe your offer means a lot to me
Original post by DB_16
True

Im joking, 18 is young, it is still a kid tbh and you are legally an adult but its still a teenager tbh
Reply 17
Im joking, 18 is young, it is still a kid tbh and you are legally an adult but its still a teenager tbh

That’s what I mean it’s acc tough because I’m seen as an adult now so I have to be more independent like I’m thinking I can’t go into a care home are anything now

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending