The Student Room Group

A level history coursework :)

I am struggling on finding a title for my Nazi germany coursework I’ve picked the sub theme ‘anti- semitism’ but I can’t find a title that is suitable so could anyone help me with that? And could it preferable be a question that allows a two sided argument such as...’how far do you agree..’ Thank youuu!
Reply 1
What do you intend to focus on regarding the theme of anti semitism?
Original post by mtanvir
What do you intend to focus on regarding the theme of anti semitism?

I may have to do more in depth research on this as the only thing that comes to mind is the holocaust. Thanks for responding
Reply 3
Original post by Helena001001
I may have to do more in depth research on this as the only thing that comes to mind is the holocaust. Thanks for responding

You could focus on a particular group of Jewish people, women for example as they would have had slightly different experiences to their male counterparts.

This is a post made by someone studying the role of gender in the Jewish emigration from the Third Reich, and it contains a lot of potentially useful info: https://neil-gaiman.tumblr.com/post/189727420091/historicity-was-already-taken/embed
(edited 4 years ago)
How about the degree of anti-Semitism among particular groups of people?
Original post by mtanvir
You could focus on a particular group of Jewish people, women for example as they would have had slightly different experiences to their male counterparts.

This is a post made by someone studying the role of gender in the Jewish emigration from the Third Reich, and it contains a lot of potentially useful info: https://neil-gaiman.tumblr.com/post/189727420091/historicity-was-already-taken/embed

Wow thank you! This is definetley an intresting topic that i will for sure look into.
Original post by mtanvir

I have quickly come up with a title idea i just wanted to get youre true opinion.
"Asses how far Jewish men in Nazi Germany had an advantage over Jewish women"

I wonder if the title dosent allow enough debate between both sides which would result in a quite boring essay.

However i re wrote the question into a how far do you agree.. "How far do you agree that Jewish men in Nazi Germany had advantages comparing to Jewish women?"

But i still dont feel condident enough that this is a strong enough title to carry onto as i am new to coursework. Could you maybe give an example. Thank you
Original post by ageshallnot
How about the degree of anti-Semitism among particular groups of people?

Great thank you!
I have quickly come up with a title idea i just wanted to get youre true opinion.

I wonder if the title dosent allow enough debate between both sides which would result in a quite boring essay.

However i re wrote the question into a how far do you agree.. "How far do you agree that Jewish men in Nazi Germany had advantages comparing to Jewish women?"

But i still dont feel condident enough that this is a strong enough title to carry onto as i am new to coursework. Could you maybe give an example. Thank you

I'm not sure you will find that line of inquiry particularly fruitful.
Reply 9

Maybe "To what extent did the experiences of Jewish women differ from Jewish men during Nazi Germany?"
Original post by mtanvir
Maybe "To what extent did the experiences of Jewish women differ from Jewish men during Nazi Germany?"

That would certainly be better than what the OP has proposed.
Original post by mtanvir

Oh thank you! Very helpful I shall further look into this :smile:
I am struggling on finding a title for my Nazi germany coursework I’ve picked the sub theme ‘anti- semitism’ but I can’t find a title that is suitable so could anyone help me with that? And could it preferable be a question that allows a two sided argument such as...’how far do you agree..’ Thank youuu!

To make the question flow better and just overall sound more "intelligent", at the end of your question write: How valid/invalid is this statement? :smile:
Hiya! Sorry I can’t help much because I don’t study that theme, but does your teacher not set the question? We’re with AQA and my teacher said he’ll give us all a different question once we’re back.
Original post by Anonymousamie
Hiya! Sorry I can’t help much because I don’t study that theme, but does your teacher not set the question? We’re with AQA and my teacher said he’ll give us all a different question once we’re back.

unfortunately for OCR we have to decide on our own question which just makes it alot more difficult! :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending