The Student Room Group

Teenage weight-loss

I'm 15, I'm 6ft and I weigh 119 kg.
How can I reduce my weight by December to 85-90 kg?
also as I'm a Muslim, in Ramadan, I can lose about 5-10 kg, how would I increase that weight-loss?
Original post by Anonymous
also as I'm a Muslim, in Ramadan, I can lose about 5-10 kg, how would I increase that weight-loss?

maybe start slowly? for example try cutting out sugary drinks or sustainable alternatives? dont try to do anything drastic as it could impact your health and please be safe im sure youre perfect as you are
Try intermittent fasting, I’m Muslim as well and I’ve been doing this for 3 weeks. But it’s also important that weight loss comes in time so patience is key. We all want a quick. The quicker u lose this weight the faster u may gain it back. So find something that will suit u and maybe come a bit of a lifestyle. Because u are Muslim so I thought you might have experience in fasting. But it’s up to u.
Reply 3
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Isnt 119 healthy for 15 and 6ft? I think its a pretty good weight.

No, I am classified as obese
Reply 4
Ramadan can help if ur having a healthy suhoor with LOTS OF WATER AND FLUIDS!! Imo the only problem/hinderance (In terms of weight loss) with Ramadan is u can’t drink water throughout so make up for it at iftaar and suhoor. Also it goes without saying, you have to have an extremely healthy iftaar with soft foods like soup, dates, kisuri. Also going on a water diet really helps imo, sure it’s not a long term solution but when ur desperate and need to see results it’s honestly the best thing. If u have meat ta ya you can risk water fasting to an even greater duration (don’t ever go over a week tho tht will reak tooooo much havoc on ur metabolism)
Also this may not be for all but see if u have food sensitives, these tend to be gluten and dairy! Try eliminating them and sugar. See if it helps. This also makes u eat healthier automatically.
idk much abt ramadan fasting but intermittent fasting works
Along with long walks
Lost 10 kg in 2 months
Reply 6

There are online calculators to work out how many calories you need to eat to lose weight, remembering that exercise will also help burn off calories. However, make sure you eat a balanced diet; don't cut out whole meals or food groups. The warmer weather is an ideal time to have lighter meals; you can add lots of raw veggies to salad. You don't need to spend a lot of money to exercise; walking, step-ups at home, tins or bottles as weights will help.

A healthy rate of weight loss is 1-2lbs a week, so roughly 0.5-1kg. There will be times when the weight loss slows or plateaus, but don't worry. And don't stress if you have a day when you feel you've not done much exercise or eaten too much; just get back on track the next day. Good luck.
(edited 4 years ago)
idk much abt ramadan fasting but intermittent fasting works
Along with long walks
Lost 10 kg in 2 months

Hey, what type of intermittent fasting did u do? Is it the 16:8, OMAD or Alternating day fasting. I’m in week 4 of OMAD and alternating day fast.
Did u also eat completely clean?
And roughly how much weight did u lose a week if u did weekly calculations?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Cut out sugary drinks, drink pure water mostly, simply eat less and if you feel hungry and like snacking either drink coffee or tea or eat a piece of fruit if you have any. Also, drink coffee or tea in general, it is proven to quicken metabolism by 15-22%.

Quick Reply

Latest