The Student Room Group

I got snitched on for seeing my gf

My gf's neighbour snitched on me because she saw me go round to see my gf and when I came out the police were waiting and fined me I am very angry as I am doing no harm by seeing her we hadn't seen each other for a month. How do I take revenge on the old neighbour? She's always moaning about everything. Is it true that snitches get snitched?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
My gf's neighbour snitched on me because she saw me go round to see my gf and when I came out the police were waiting and fined me I am very angry as I am doing no harm by seeing her we hadn't seen each other for a month. How do I take revenge on the old neighbour? She's always moaning about everything. Is it true that snitches get snitched?

Well you broke the law, only got yourself to blame on that one.
Reply 2
Original post by Greywolftwo
Well you broke the law, only got yourself to blame on that one.

What harm were we doing no one in our families are ill or got symptoms

Well Anon, are you really surprised? You’re one of the people who seem to break lockdown rules for the sake of it and only think about yourself, yet if this lockdown gets extended again, then you’d be the first for moaning your a*** off about it. Just stay home, and got out when it’s essential and do not see anyone who is not in your household! You’re part of the problem as to why lockdown is still here! I get your missing your girlfriend, but just call/text her. Just grow up!!

(Sorry if I sound harsh but still)

Oh dear 🙄

Still braking the law by seeing them, you could catch it unknowingly and pass it on to her family or your family

The incubation period of this virus is anywhere from 1 - 24 days...stay home.
Normally I wouldn’t say this but it’s a shame the virus doesn’t affect people with lower IQ worse.
Well.. you've done some harm by breaking that 2m rule. It's tempting, sure, to go see your gf when you've been away for so long. I've nearly caved in a couple times. But if she does have relatives that are at risk with her, or even if she doesn't, you're indirectly causing more potential deaths by breaking that 2m rule. Was it a bad move to downright snitch on you? Yeah, I don't support it. But technically, you've still done something.

Anyway, on trying to get revenge. Trying to get revenge would be a bit counterintuitive, because if this neighbour moans about everything you doing the slightest thing would probably set her off and make your life hell. Instead, leave it down to sweet, sweet karma : yes, in my experience, snitches do get snitched.

Erm you could have the symptoms but not know they’re there, ever thought about that?

There is both quite a long incubation period to the virus and you can have it asymptomatically but still pass it on to others. There's every chance one of you may be carrying the virus, and by meeting up you're creating the risk of transmitting between your households and then on to others in your community as you go out shopping/exercising etc. This could literally cost lives. It's incredibly selfish and your gf's neighbour was right to report you.

Stay home and use video chat like everyone else.
How has no one realised this is a troll thread? In what world would the police have enough resources to just make officers wait outside someone’s home for a boyfriend to come out. They have more serious issues to deal with. There was also another anonymous thread recently where a guy supposedly was walking back from his girlfriend’s house, got caught by the police and fined. My money’s on the same person making these threads
Look I know it’s hard but we’re all in the same boat. There are soooo many people rn separated from people they love. But you or she could have it and not know so by seeing eachother you can spread it, then you both spread it to ur families then you go get food and spread it around the shop, someone else picks it up, goes and gives it to someone else etc. What if that someone who picks it up from one of ur family members doing a food shop is vulnerable and dies? I know it sounds extreme but that is the reality of the situation. Just because you’re probably going to be fine doesn’t mean everyone else will be.
As for the neighbour, it’s a bit snitchy but they were perfectly within their right to do what they did and you should know that. Getting revenge is petty and childish, just leave it.
Good on the neighbour. You broke the law, what did you expect - a pat on the back?
Reply 13
It’s a guideline not a law. You’re much closer to people walking around a shop despite all the damn rules.
Original post by WoodlandSorcerer
How has no one realised this is a troll thread? In what world would the police have enough resources to just make officers wait outside someone’s home for a boyfriend to come out. They have more serious issues to deal with. There was also another anonymous thread recently where a guy supposedly was walking back from his girlfriend’s house, got caught by the police and fined. My money’s on the same person making these threads

Trust me😂😂 Some ppl are so gullible🤭
tear gas?
Big ouch, I would have cared about this but after Neil Ferguson broke his own lockdown advice to go smush smush I can’t really complain anymore, no point
Have the police got nothing better to do
Well Anon, are you really surprised? You’re one of the people who seem to break lockdown rules for the sake of it and only think about yourself, yet if this lockdown gets extended again, then you’d be the first for moaning your a*** off about it. Just stay home, and got out when it’s essential and do not see anyone who is not in your household! You’re part of the problem as to why lockdown is still here! I get your missing your girlfriend, but just call/text her. Just grow up!!

(Sorry if I sound harsh but still)

Might be a mistake on your part but it's a bit hypocritical that you're in anon too.
Original post by Rufus the red
Might be a mistake on your part but it's a bit hypocritical that you're in anon too.

How is it hypocritical that I’m on anon when replying to OP??

Also, before you say anything, I actually followed guidelines during lockdown, was on furlough until June, and didn’t see anyone until it was safe to do so, there’s also other people I’ve still not seen since before lockdown....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending