The Student Room Group

i used the same ncd for both my cars.

I told a little porky. I feel so bad now
Reply 1
Original post by Igotbbcalevel

Enjoy the cancellation.
Frankly I can see me doing that by accident, beats me how the system works, i just 200% rely on the insurance company knowing what i do and don't have :tongue:
Original post by Igotbbcalevel

It's fine - you'll get a little letter from the second insurance company asking you to provide evidence or give further details and when you can't the policy will either be cancelled or the premium increased.
I don't understand the problem ? you have no claims discount and you own 2 car's each insured by separate insurers , you specified your no claims discount to both insurers, what's the problem ?
Original post by Cleverboy1991
I don't understand the problem ? you have no claims discount and you own 2 car's each insured by separate insurers , you specified your no claims discount to both insurers, what's the problem ?

The problem, Mark, is that you can't use the same NCD on two cars - it can only be transferred to one car on one policy.
Original post by Reality Check
The problem, Mark, is that you can't use the same NCD on two cars - it can only be transferred to one car on one policy.

Are you sure about that ? I have never heard that one before. So If I had 2 cars on separate policies and it asked me how many no claims discount I have I would have to put 0 years no claims although I actually have 8 ?
and you don't have to keep addressing me by my name
Reply 8

Depends on your insurance company as well, as some offer multi car policies, which you can use your NCD on both cars.

Taken from insurance forum-

"Unfortunately, that’s the way it works. Although you’d think an NCD reflected your skill as a driver rather than what wheels you drive, it actually applies to a single vehicle. You can usually transfer it if you replace a car but not add it to a second car.

There are insurers who will allow you to mirror your NCD on a second car if you buy a multicar policy, so it would be worth asking the insurer of your other car what they can offer." :smile:
Are you sure about that ?

Yes.

In the example you give, if you've earnt 8 years NCD on a policy, you can transfer that to another car, no problem. If you then have another car, insured on another policy, you can't use the 8-years NCD again: you would have to declare 0 years, because you've already used it. Sometimes an insurer will ask how many years NCD you've earned on another policy (and will give a discount on the new one), but that's not the same thing as being able to use the NCD twice on two different policies. You can't do that.

Sorry Mark. How else should I refer to you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending