The Student Room Group

older girl

so im 16 and 17 in october and im going into college, the boy i like is 14 and 15 in a few weeks and going into year 11. there is litteraly 1 year and 10 months between us, is it okay for us to date?
No. If you were to have any kind of sexual relationship when you are over 16 and he is under, you could be arrested.
Reply 2
Even at 15 he's still a child and not emotionally mature. Leave him to play video games and football, hang out with his mates and, most importantly, concentrate on his studies.

Actually, you don't sound mature enough to be in a relationship either for trying to pursue this and asking on here.
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
Even at 15 he's still a child and not emotionally mature.

People say that exact same thing about 17 year olds on here though. and 17 she will be...

but now you're implying they're mature and not children

wasn't there a thread the other day on here where everyone said 17 year olds are "children"

Leave him to play video games and football, hang out with his mates and, most importantly, concentrate on his studies.

These are not childish activities if that's what you're trying to get at. The average gamer is 34, and studying even in your 20's is very common [eg: uni]

Actually, you don't sound mature enough to be in a relationship either for trying to pursue this and asking on here.

Her question has nothing to do with maturity. She is attracted to a lad with a bit of an age gap and wants to know opinions on whether it's alright to pursue.

Personally speaking I think it's probably best she leaves it at this age. If I cast my mind back to around that age I remember a friend of mine was dating a girl 1 or 2 years below and we certainly gave him a lot of stick for it...

having said that, I don't think if things were to progress with this 1 yr 10 month age gap that it would be super super bad. bit weird though.
Reply 4
Original post by ANM775
People say that exact same thing about 17 year olds on here though. and 17 she will be...

wasn't there a thread the other day on here where everyone said 17 year olds are "children"

These are not childish activities if that's what you're trying to get at. The average gamer is 34, and studying even in your 20's is very common [eg: uni]

Her question has nothing to do with maturity. She is attracted to a lad with a bit of an age gap and wants to know opinions on whether it's alright to pursue.

Personally speaking I think it's probably best she leaves it at this age. If I cast my mind back to around that age I remember a friend of mine was dating a girl 1 or 2 years below and we certainly gave him a lot of stick for it...

having said that, I don't think if things were to progress with this 1 yr 10 month age gap that it would be super super bad. bit weird though.

At 17 I could make up my own mind and wouldn't be wanting to get involved with a 15yo. That's because, whilst my age did not allow me to do certain things, I was mature.

I'm saying leave the 15yo to get on with his own life. The OP hasn't even said he likes her, it's only that she likes him.
i dated a 16yr old when i was 13, and now he's 20 and im 17, i mean i dont think it's bad, if y'all really dig each other, well go for it
Original post by Anonymous
so im 16 and 17 in october and im going into college, the boy i like is 14 and 15 in a few weeks and going into year 11. there is litteraly 1 year and 10 months between us, is it okay for us to date?

Because he’s 14 (almost 15) I honestly think it’ll be best to leave it, just because age wise it’s not the best, especially if you guys are going into a sexual relationship like a previous comment said. He’s underage, legally you’d be taking advantage and lowkey be breaking the law. Ik it might be hard to wait but wait until he’s 16 if you’re really that keen! If not, maybe let this one go :smile:
Original post by lamarc
i need a girl is 15

TSR means the The Student Room, not The Singles Room.
Think you’ve got the wrong place for looking for a girlfriend, buddy
Original post by ANM775

Yeah but not everyone lol! I stand my ground but u know there were quite a number of ppl who called me a "child" at 16 and my master a "pedophile"....

In this case tho' the dude is 15 which is under the age of consent so girl if u r horny which I am sure u r lol then u must be patient... but if u r serious about him, then it would be very cool to give him a 16 bday gift which most dudes can only dream of u know what i mean :biggrin:
Original post by Ellamayooo
TSR means the The Student Room, not The Singles Room.
Think you’ve got the wrong place for looking for a girlfriend, buddy

Who would have thought 12 months ago ella would be doing the brutal answers lol:u:
thanks @LovelyMrFox :biggrin:
Well it is illegal lol. He'll probably brag to his mates about it as well so you'll get in trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending