The Student Room Group

Entry Requirements

Basically I got not bad but not great grades in my highers in S5 and S6 (BBB English, Italian, BusMan, CC History, CompSci in 2019 and BB AH English, Rmps, D French in 2020 so I didn’t sit the exam for those subjects and I’m going to resit french as a private candidate). I want to do Law and French at uni and this year i’m doing a HNC in legal services at college and applying for 2021 entry but i’m terrified i won’t get in. Does anyone have or know anyone who got into uni for this subject through college? Does anyone know if admissions will look at advanced english or higher english as well since i got them at the same grade? Thanks :smile:

Edit: French had been downgraded so I actually got a B meaning I have BBBBBBCC in my highers in total
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by brokestudent3
Basically I got not bad but not great grades in my highers in S5 and S6 (BBB English, Italian, BusMan, CC History, CompSci in 2019 and BB AH English, Rmps, D French in 2020 so I didn’t sit the exam for those subjects and I’m going to resit french as a private candidate). I want to do Law and French at uni and this year i’m doing a HNC in legal services at college and applying for 2021 entry but i’m terrified i won’t get in. Does anyone have or know anyone who got into uni for this subject through college? Does anyone know if admissions will look at advanced english or higher english as well since i got them at the same grade? Thanks :smile:

You need to talk to unis before applying- as you've gone through a slightly non-traditional approach doing a HNC after highers, it's hard to say how they will view your application. If you discuss it with unis, they will usually let you know if you have a reasonable chance of being accepted or not.
Original post by SarcAndSpark
You need to talk to unis before applying- as you've gone through a slightly non-traditional approach doing a HNC after highers, it's hard to say how they will view your application. If you discuss it with unis, they will usually let you know if you have a reasonable chance of being accepted or not.

I have discussed it with universities, I would just like to know other people’s experiences with applying to uni for this course :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending