The Student Room Group

I did something I regret

Hi, like the title says, I did something I really regret and I can’t stop thinking about it now. I have to say it wasn’t THAT bad, but I’m worried that someone else involved can make it look bad. Any advice on how to stop worrying about it?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, like the title says, I did something I really regret and I can’t stop thinking about it now. I have to say it wasn’t THAT bad, but I’m worried that someone else involved can make it look bad. Any advice on how to stop worrying about it?

Do something that makes you happy, I usually switch my phone off and watch a movie or two or even a tv show so I get distracted. If you have siblings go outside and play fun games and basically just have fun and try to forget about it. It will be fine!!
depends on what it is honestly.
We all make mistakes. Please don't beat yourself up about it.
Reply 4
Do something that makes you happy, I usually switch my phone off and watch a movie or two or even a tv show so I get distracted. If you have siblings go outside and play fun games and basically just have fun and try to forget about it. It will be fine!!

Ok, thank you. I'll try. I don't think anything will happen but the possibility that it might is killing me. I really need to study but I absolutely can't :sad:
Reply 5
Original post by F0RESTFAIRY
depends on what it is honestly.

I don't really want to say what it is but thanks for your reply
Reply 6
Original post by Oxford Mum
We all make mistakes. Please don't beat yourself up about it.

I know, but I feel like I should have known better :sad: Thank you for your reply
I know, but I feel like I should have known better :sad: Thank you for your reply

As forest fairy says, it also depends on what you have done.

I often wish I could go back and put right all the things I regret, but that is impossible, so the only way is forward. Tomorrow is another day.
Reply 8
As forest fairy says, it also depends on what you have done.

I often wish I could go back and put right all the things I regret, but that is impossible, so the only way is forward. Tomorrow is another day.

I didn't do anything too bad. I think I'll just say it. Someone tried to sext me but I didn't realise at first. They were asking questions like what are you wearing etc. and I answered them because I didn't realise they were meant in that way. When they got properly sexual, I stopped obviously because I realised. I know its not the end of the world but I'm worried that they could post it somewhere and make it seem like I said more than I did if that makes sense. It was on here in pms so I deleted it, reported it and asked them to delete it too. They said they did and apologised, but I just don't know if they really did, and its really making me anxious.
Reply 9
Bump
Bump
I didn't do anything too bad. I think I'll just say it. Someone tried to sext me but I didn't realise at first. They were asking questions like what are you wearing etc. and I answered them because I didn't realise they were meant in that way. When they got properly sexual, I stopped obviously because I realised. I know its not the end of the world but I'm worried that they could post it somewhere and make it seem like I said more than I did if that makes sense. It was on here in pms so I deleted it, reported it and asked them to delete it too. They said they did and apologised, but I just don't know if they really did, and its really making me anxious.

I am sorry to hear this, anon, and on TSR as well! This happens and believe me, you are innocent in all this. You reported it, which is the correct thing to do.

TSR should be a fun site for students to hang out, have a laugh, a debate, or ask about their studies. The person you were speaking with broke the rules and abused TSR, which annoys me. If I find people like that, trying to hook up with others in a dodgy way, I report it straight away. I am glad you report it, but do not delete it, report it as it is so the mods can see what this person is like.

Despite my age (57) you ought to see some of the filthy stuff I get in my pms! I don't hesitate, I just report them and get on with my day.

Don't take it personally. I'm willing to bet he was pm'ing a lot of other people on here as well, so by reporting it you have done them a service as well. As for getting him into trouble well, don't worry about that. Their posts say more about them than about you, and they will be worried for themselves because they know what they have done is dodgy.

One thing you should not do when faced with this dilemma is to be lured off TSR with these conversations. Here there are moderators who will protect you here if you feel uncomfortable and they definitely would not approve of sexting.

It's definitely nothing to be ashamed about and, I am afraid, a feature of modern life.

Don't worry about it, and carry on enjoying TSR, for the original way it was designed to be used.
I am sorry to hear this, anon, and on TSR as well! This happens and believe me, you are innocent in all this. You reported it, which is the correct thing to do.

TSR should be a fun site for students to hang out, have a laugh, a debate, or ask about their studies. The person you were speaking with broke the rules and abused TSR, which annoys me. If I find people like that, trying to hook up with others in a dodgy way, I report it straight away. I am glad you report it, but do not delete it, report it as it is so the mods can see what this person is like.

Despite my age (57) you ought to see some of the filthy stuff I get in my pms! I don't hesitate, I just report them and get on with my day.

Don't take it personally. I'm willing to bet he was pm'ing a lot of other people on here as well, so by reporting it you have done them a service as well. As for getting him into trouble well, don't worry about that. Their posts say more about them than about you, and they will be worried for themselves because they know what they have done is dodgy.

One thing you should not do when faced with this dilemma is to be lured off TSR with these conversations. Here there are moderators who will protect you here if you feel uncomfortable and they definitely would not approve of sexting.

It's definitely nothing to be ashamed about and, I am afraid, a feature of modern life.

Don't worry about it, and carry on enjoying TSR, for the original way it was designed to be used.

Thank you so much. This really helped. I do feel a little bit better. And thank you so much for all the advice. I suppose my only concern is that if he posts it, even just on here, people I know will be able to see it and will recognise my username.
As a fellow stressed and overthinking queen, I totally relate to what you're feeling and how difficult it can be to switch off those anxieties until something 'happens' to say yes or no you don't have anything to worry about anymore.

You did the right things, you can't go back, you've learned a lesson which will stop anything seriously bad happening in the future.

You're fine and safe. Why don't you take an online MOOC or watch some series/documentary to try and take your mind off it? When I start getting obsessive and overthinking I try and get obsessive over something else much more positive (like searching all the trailers with Timotee Chalamet in haha)
As a fellow stressed and overthinking queen, I totally relate to what you're feeling and how difficult it can be to switch off those anxieties until something 'happens' to say yes or no you don't have anything to worry about anymore.

You did the right things, you can't go back, you've learned a lesson which will stop anything seriously bad happening in the future.

You're fine and safe. Why don't you take an online MOOC or watch some series/documentary to try and take your mind off it? When I start getting obsessive and overthinking I try and get obsessive over something else much more positive (like searching all the trailers with Timotee Chalamet in haha)

Thank you. This really helped :smile: I just keep worrying about all the what ifs which I know is pointless but I can’t stop. Luckily, today it’s just coming and going, rather than constant thoughts, which I’m so grateful for. I’ll definitely try getting obsessive over something more positive. That sounds like a really good idea. Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending