The Student Room Group

Adjustment or clearing

i've decided that i do not want to go to my firm uni but I want to apply to another uni doing a different course. I've exceeded the entry requirements of my chosen uni meaning I'm eligible to go through adjustment. So should I apply through clearing or adjustment? Which process is quicker and easier to do?
Original post by strtss
i've decided that i do not want to go to my firm uni but I want to apply to another uni doing a different course. I've exceeded the entry requirements of my chosen uni meaning I'm eligible to go through adjustment. So should I apply through clearing or adjustment? Which process is quicker and easier to do?

Adjustment is risk free as you can hold your current offers. To properly enter Clearing, you need to self-release, although some unis will talk to applicants without an ID.

You need to meet all requirements and exceed at least one to go for Adjustment though
Reply 2
Original post by Interrobang
Adjustment is risk free as you can hold your current offers. To properly enter Clearing, you need to self-release, although some unis will talk to applicants without an ID.

You need to meet all requirements and exceed at least one to go for Adjustment though

yes, i've exceeded one grade. If a course is in clearing, will it be likely that it will also be in adjustment?
Original post by strtss
yes, i've exceeded one grade. If a course is in clearing, will it be likely that it will also be in adjustment?

Almost certainly :smile: They may ask for you to go through Clearing though - it wouldn't matter either way as you would get a place. There will be other unis and courses not in Clearing that may be in Adjustment too :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Interrobang
Almost certainly :smile: They may ask for you to go through Clearing though - it wouldn't matter either way as you would get a place. There will be other unis and courses not in Clearing that may be in Adjustment too :smile:

ok thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending